This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] bluffing busted draw @ 0.01/0.02

• Superbrain
      Superbrain
      Basic
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.10
      CO:
      $0.80
      BU (Hero):
      $0.87
      SB:
      $10.73
      BB:
      $1.75
      UTG2:
      $0.83
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $4.44

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4, 6.
      MP2 posts deadblind, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 checks, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.11) 3, T, 5 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP2 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, SB folds, BB folds, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($0.23) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.24, MP2 calls $0.22.

River: ($0.71) K (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.55(All-In), MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.71.

0.55 to win 0.71. can this play be +ev?
  • 3 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Fold preflop or Iso depending on how loose you feel like playing/how fishy UTG2 is.

As played, I'm folding turn. Most likely folding flop. I definitely wouldn't be betting on the river as he can have a bluff catcher like J :club: T :diamond: or something.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Which strategy do you follow? As for BSS you must have at least 100bb before the beginning of every hand.

Fold preflop. With this stack we don't want to be calling such hands.

Calling the flop is fine.

As played, just call his turn minbet and proceed to the river.

I wouldn't bluff the river here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Superbrain
      Superbrain
      Basic
      Hi,

re buyin: I follow a min buyin strategy and am usually 9 tabling. when I lose my stack I will open a new table (no rebuy). is this considered a weakness?

when villain called my turn raise, I bear in mind that if he had a flush, he was min betting to induce action. taking this into perspective: if I was the one to induce action, I would have gone all in with my opp raising big and drawing dead, so why did I not shove but call on turn? cos I have a good hand but couldn't beat a flush. river card completes all flushes, if my speculation is right, river should be a scary card for him, therefore my shove.

Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Which strategy do you follow? As for BSS you must have at least 100bb before the beginning of every hand.

Fold preflop. With this stack we don't want to be calling such hands.

Calling the flop is fine.

As played, just call his turn minbet and proceed to the river.

I wouldn't bluff the river here.

Best,
      Plamen