This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo 072613

• nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.50)
      BB ($9.68)
      Hero ($10.17)
      UTG+1 ($3.85)
      UTG+2 ($9.15)
      CO ($11.44)
      BTN ($11.26)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:spade: , Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.85) 6:diamond: 9:spade: 3:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

TURN ($1.85) 6:diamond: 9:spade: 3:club: 3:diamond:

BB bets $0.92, Hero folds
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

This is a good spot to check back with Ace high and try to get to showdown. If you look at villain's VPIP/PFR and fold BB to steal (this is not a steal situation but given how wide he defends here I'm pretty sure he is the type of player who defends super wide in the blinds due to the better pot odds), the relative hand strength of AK high goes up by a lot, since you are up against a wide range.

Then I would call all Turn and River bets.

As played I guess folding turn is fine, though you could argue that the pairing card actually improves Ace high here cos it's just going to be harder for him to have a pair. But he does seem to be on the passive side and he folds a good amount of the time to flop Cbets.

Thanks.