This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

100% cpu usage

• breastwork
      breastwork
      Bronze
      i'm having problems when playing: whenever i running 888, my cpu usage shoots up to 100% and the majority of this is poker.exe.

I have old pc just for office work: single core AMD 2.4ghz (2.5g ram)..

But for example running Party poker costs my 9% usage. It is impossible for 888 to drain so much. I also use Tournament shark.

What am I missing? Is there some way to fix it?

Reinstallation didnt work for me so far.
  • 5 replies
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Same thing happened to me when I used to play at 888 too. It got so damn crazy at times!

I was multi-tabling MTTs and playing poker cam 6 max games and it got so laggy I disconnected so many times to the point where I just got frustrated.

It's not laggy when you're playing 1 tables though.

I have a AMD Phenom (tm) II Dual-Core Processor 3.00 Ghz
      4.00 GB ram
      64-bit operating system
      This is a 2009 laptop too.

If it lags for me then I really don't think it's your PC at all. You may want to cut down on the amount of tables you are playing.

Take Care,

MB
    • breastwork
      breastwork
      Bronze
      Mostly I just play just ONE table. My main room is Party.

The CPU usage problem starts as soon as I turn on 888 software (before login).

I not sure but I used to play here without this problem few months ago.

Its like random 888 sound problem: sometimes it works sometimes doesnt.

I think writing to support is waste of time. Lastly they adviced me to turn on my speakers:) to gain sound even though I described my problem precisely.
    • breastwork
      breastwork
      Bronze
      I solved it. I had to also clean registers after uninstallation.

Clean Installation works fine so far :f_love: .
    • inoimbluffingdou
      inoimbluffingdou
      Basic
      You may want to eventually upgrade your computer to a more modern one for playing to avoid issues caused by an older one.
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      I found it doing this just now.

I decided to turn off HEM showing lifetime graph of hands under all aliases & moved it to just my 888 player name (with fewer hands to show) & it seemed to solve the prob.