This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

advice needed...

• kokuzbaksuz
      kokuzbaksuz
      Bronze
      I've been playing for couple of weeks now at FTP through PS and had some ups and downs, but I noticed something about my game. I have tendency to call where I should probably fold or raise. Although I know the SHC by heart now and been reading articles, I still tend to steer away from the "book". I hate doing that but I end up doing it anyway. Do I lack enough discipline? What should I do? To me, it seems that I like to experiment sometimes and hate to fold hands like KQs when I am not in position...
      Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks a lot!
      kokuzbaksuz
  • 3 replies
    • Kraelog
      Kraelog
      Bronze
      Discipline

Discipline is what you need,
      Discipline will help you,
      Discipline will raise your bankroll,
      Discipline will prevent Tilts,
      Discipline will make you a good poker player
      Discipline is THE Fundamental skill for a beginning poker player

Easier said than done off course :D
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Discipline is what you need

solid gold words from platinum. :)
      I `ve got similar problem.I often don`t want to raise medium hands against limpers when I should do it(IP).This happens especially when I `ve got not profitable or break even session. But usually I say to myself ``raise,raise, Hasenbraten said you have to``. and I raise. :D
      Good luck.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I always find it hard resisting the urge to play KJs on the button, AJs from MP3 etc. I know the SHC by heart and I know I shouldnt do those things, but when the time comes I just say what the hell and do it anyway. I still won money doing that on NL10, but a week ago I switched to NL25 and got absolutely hammered playing those marginal hands. I have lost 30% of my bankroll, and am slowly learning to stick exactly to the SHC. Some things just need to be learned the hard way I guess. If you have elephant or PT, it may help to go through your hand history and add up all the losses you have had playing with those hands - the shock of seeing how much $$$ you have given away could set you straight quite quickly.