This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom AKs

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($34.11)
      BB ($29.28)
      UTG ($6.85)
      UTG+1 ($34.13)
      Hero ($25.67)
      BTN ($16.15)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, BB raises to $2.75, Hero calls $2.15, fold

FLOP ($6.10) 2:spade: 5:club: 5:spade:

BB bets $4.25, Hero raises to $11.40, BB raises to $26.53 (AI), Hero calls $11.52 (AI)

TURN ($51.94) 2:spade: 5:club: 5:spade: 5:heart:

RIVER ($51.94) 2:spade: 5:club: 5:spade: 5:heart: 4:spade:

BB shows K:diamond: K:heart:
      (Pre 66%, Flop 55.4%, Turn 90.9%)

Hero shows K:spade: A:spade:
      (Pre 34%, Flop 44.6%, Turn 9.1%)

BB wins $49.94

BB: 50/50 4h
      SB: 50/25 4h

His sizing is more than 4x, so I did not want to 4bet because I did not expect fold equity.

But not sure if its worth to call. Vs a range which beats me. I can only win with flush and loose big pots on Axx or Kxx boards vs his KK+ and win small pots when he has QQ.
  • 5 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Heyo,

I would be looking to 4bet this pre vs pretty much everyone. Occasionally it's fine to slowplay but usually I'm 4betting this vs unknowns.

As played pre, I'm just calling on this flop. No better hands are folding if we raise and we're not getting value from anything besides some smaller flush draws that we're likely to stack anyway later in the hand.

So my plan is to call flop and call or shove the turn, depending on the turn card.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I would be looking to 4bet this pre vs pretty much everyone. Occasionally it's fine to slowplay but usually I'm 4betting this vs unknowns.

As played pre, I'm just calling on this flop. No better hands are folding if we raise and we're not getting value from anything besides some smaller flush draws that we're likely to stack anyway later in the hand.

So my plan is to call flop and call or shove the turn, depending on the turn card.

It all really depends on his preflop range. If we put him on QQ+, then gettting in on flop is not good, we have 45% eq. but need about 46%. If he has KK+ then even worse.

He would not bet htat big with overcards most likely, so we need weaker overpairs to have good equity. If you say 4bet bluff, then we can assume he has weaker overpairs, vs TT+ we have 47%. Of course there is rake so not sure if those 47% is enough, but at best marginal.

About turn - I think I will not get good implied odds to call turn. Even now - when I call such big bet and flush hits - he can easily give up the turn with hand like KK. ANd that means I dont have implied odds.

And floating will not work also with FD - he will not fold often I think.

Btw - if you 4bet - its 4bet/fold? Once he 5bets its 100% strong hand when I alreadu assime from his 3bet that its strong (QQ+ or KK+)
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      If we don't know what his range is, we have to play our own range. Hence, if we take a look at our co opening range, we pretty much have to be 4betting for value and getting this in pre. AKs is a very strong hand in these positions!

What comes to the large flop sizing, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't play like this with AKo/AQo/something random. Also, you have to make sure to not underestimate the amount of random hands an unknown can show up here with.

And floating will not work also with FD - he will not fold often I think.

If we think he has KK+ here all day, then raising doesn't make any sense. He's never going to even consider folding a pair vs a raise, not to mention KK+. So all the times he has KK, we're way better off with calling than raising.

About turn - I think I will not get good implied odds to call turn. Even now - when I call such big bet and flush hits - he can easily give up the turn with hand like KK. ANd that means I dont have implied odds.

I would guess you play JJ/TT this way also. Why would he not think you bet those when flush hits and he checks?
    • SherlockHolmes2ez
      SherlockHolmes2ez
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($34.11)
      BB ($29.28)
      UTG ($6.85)
      UTG+1 ($34.13)
      Hero ($25.67)
      BTN ($16.15)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, BB raises to $2.75, Hero calls $2.15, fold

FLOP ($6.10) 2:spade: 5:club: 5:spade:

BB bets $4.25, Hero raises to $11.40, BB raises to $26.53 (AI), Hero calls $11.52 (AI)

TURN ($51.94) 2:spade: 5:club: 5:spade: 5:heart:

RIVER ($51.94) 2:spade: 5:club: 5:spade: 5:heart: 4:spade:

BB shows K:diamond: K:heart:
      (Pre 66%, Flop 55.4%, Turn 90.9%)

Hero shows K:spade: A:spade:
      (Pre 34%, Flop 44.6%, Turn 9.1%)

BB wins $49.94

BB: 50/50 4h
      SB: 50/25 4h

His sizing is more than 4x, so I did not want to 4bet because I did not expect fold equity.

But not sure if its worth to call. Vs a range which beats me. I can only win with flush and loose big pots on Axx or Kxx boards vs his KK+ and win small pots when he has QQ.
      I think calling the flop is the best play here, he will have no idea what you're calling with, and I don't think he can have a hand to call a raise there, he will either go all in or fold.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I would guess you play JJ/TT this way also. Why would he not think you bet those when flush hits and he checks?

I am not sure if I play JJ call flop, bet turn. Because by betting turn I am not getting value from anything worse unless he has draw + pair.
      I think chekcing turn with JJ if called flop is good.

OK sometimes he can call turn with overpair. But it sound like thin value. He can still have better overpairs and made flush so his equity is good. Even lower overpairrs have FD some of the time.

But I understood that mistake was preflop. I was thinking that this sizing might be stronger, but not 100 % sure.