• 7 replies
    • ToMMMekk
      ToMMMekk
      Bronze
      Try Poker Office - its not freeware.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Be careful with these real-time analyzes, because such programs use to be forbidden by poker sites. I'm not talking about Poker Office (it's not kind of software you ask for), but there're few scripts which do the job for you. I wouldn't bother looking for them, if I were you, because there's good chance you'll be banned and your account will be closed..
    • ToMMMekk
      ToMMMekk
      Bronze
      Why not pokeroffice? It shows you pot odds and odds to improve. All you have to do is compare them and call if pot odds are greater than odds to improve. Am i wrong?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      But it's not showing them real time on the table; or is it? I'm not sure as I'm not using it myself, but such "help" is not allowed (if it shows you what's the optimal move, it'd be some kind of bot, and thus forbidden)..
    • ToMMMekk
      ToMMMekk
      Bronze
      Its real time. Program just tells you some info and calculations but it doesnt tell you what you should do.
    • zenopian
      zenopian
      Bronze
      So is PokerOffice allowed or not? And as I see it PokerOffice has much more functions than PokerTracker, why is it not so popular then?
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      On pokerstars its permitted http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/ In my opinion it is competitive advantage when using tools like that. Even using pokertracker or elephant. But when 50% of table mates using some of that software it would be disadvantage for me not to use it. So only what i can do is use as much allowed software as I can to improve my game. But anyway i fell that there is something wrong with it. In pokerstrategy or fulltilt their software does not tell you even your hand strength (if you have flush, straight or king hi) and they allow analyticall tools to calc odds, profile opponents etc.

Tools what are prohibitted are only that what use external database built from observing lots of tables by them. Every player could mine only information gain by playing. And is not allowed to have sw which do some actions instead of player. But when that sw only count optimal action for you and its on player decision this is not prohibited.

I think on pokerstrategy is many times mentioned something about optimal game and one should be confused by this. But there is no mathematical model of best poker play only some lines based on skills of other players. In fact SSS is alghorithm itself and after hour of playing you can teach yourselve to do bot from you but you only aply this alghorithm and its not prohibited. If there were tool to tell you what move you should do based on SSS it should probably not be prohibited. But if there were tool to do these actions instead of player this is cheating. I would love if there were not such toolls in hands of my opponents but they are and I have to live with it. But I am first to ask poker sites not to allow so much software. Let them say that we dont want any odds calculators to be allowed. Let them say we dont want any poker elephants trackers, huds, etc. to be allowed. Let them say!