NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($24.40)
      BB ($25.35)
      UTG ($27.43)
      Hero ($25.35)
      CO ($56.91)
      BTN ($58.38)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: T:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BTN raises to $2.10, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.35

FLOP ($4.55) 9:club: 3:spade: K:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20

TURN ($8.95) 9:club: 3:spade: K:spade: Q:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($8.95) 9:club: 3:spade: K:spade: Q:spade: 9:spade:

Hero bets $7.40, BTN folds

Hero shows T:diamond: T:heart:

Hero wins $8.55

35/30 20h

flop - not happy about calling because he can barrel lot of turns and I will have to fold my best hand.

ON the other hand - maybe folding is too weak - there can be A highs in his range or even worse.

River - now maybe on turn he stopped betting with Kx or he is not haveing Kx. Or he might have hit Qx and decided that he wants to see sd with it.
      So my target is thse Q and Kx hands.
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey SpeedFANat1c,

Think preflop call is potentially a small mistake vs unknown here. Folding is fine. Part of the problem is, lack of information + OOP. Difficult to say what you should be doing postflop vs totally unknown preflop range.

If we knew opponent was 3betting very light vs MP and cbetting a lot, flop check-call would be best here. We don't know this though. We are essentially just calling in the dark.

River bet is good. Sizing is likely too large. Something closer to $5 will likely achieve similar results.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Think preflop call is potentially a small mistake vs unknown here. Folding is fine. Part of the problem is, lack of information + OOP. Difficult to say what you should be doing postflop vs totally unknown preflop range.

I think even vs strong range this call could be good for T high set value. I could just give up many flop without hitting.

River bet is good. Sizing is likely too large. Something closer to $5 will likely achieve similar results.

Why in this case 50% sizing is good? Usually I hear from coaches that 50% as bluff will make then call a lot, even when it requires less fold equity, it will not make as much profit as big bet requiring 50% fold equity but working more often.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

I think even vs strong range this call could be good for T high set value. I could just give up many flop without hitting.
      Yeah, fine to set-mine 100bb deep if you know guys range is very strong. It would also be easy to play postflop because you'd know that it's an easy check/fold on the flop.

The problem is, we don't know what his range looks like. It's the lack of info that makes the call questionable.

Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Why in this case 50% sizing is good? Usually I hear from coaches that 50% as bluff will make then call a lot, even when it requires less fold equity, it will not make as much profit as big bet requiring 50% fold equity but working more often.
      Really depends on the board texture. I general find opponents ranges to be inelastic on 4-to-flush run outs. I.e I doubt your fold equity will change that much as a result of your sizing, so a smaller size makes more money in the long run. On different textures vs different ranges it might be a different story.