How can I learn to play in Pokerstars?

• SherlockHolmes2ez
      SherlockHolmes2ez
      Bronze
      Hello, I am like a fish in pokerstars, I just don't feel I can ever win money in pokerstars, maybe there should be different strategy when changing poker rooms? I have played in ...... poker room, I won't give his name and I was totally crushing 3000$ in tournament winnings, many wins really good results in touranaments, but I am losing in pokerstars? How can I be the player who wins in pokerstars?
  • 5 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Same way as in any other room, lot's of practice with appropriate tools for the format you are playing, video watching etc.

PS has larger fields in MTTs than most other rooms, so longer cold runs are normal
    • SherlockHolmes2ez
      SherlockHolmes2ez
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Same way as in any other room, lot's of practice with appropriate tools for the format you are playing, video watching etc.

PS has larger fields in MTTs than most other rooms, so longer cold runs are normal
      Yea you're right, about mtt's I know this, I just couldn't feel warm in pokerstars after I finished in 134 place out of 4k or more in micro millions while I had 200 big blinds lost 100 with AK suited, min raised on the small blind he move all in for 100bb, I was shocked didn't expect it and I called he had A3 offsuit made straight, after wards lost to 2 outer on the river. Just I have to play many hands like 100k, then variance won't be there for sure.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      MTT's are ultra high variance. You can play an awesome game and for months not finish in the money with big fields.

I doubt there's any special strategy. Just keep your fingers crossed when you go AI :)
    • SherlockHolmes2ez
      SherlockHolmes2ez
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skodljivec
      MTT's are ultra high variance. You can play an awesome game and for months not finish in the money with big fields.

I doubt there's any special strategy. Just keep your fingers crossed when you go AI :)
      hahaha :) I read all those +EV comics, and what not ideas come in my mind :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Seeing as this thread is all about PokerStars, I will move it to it's more appropriate home for further discussion :)

Best,
      Gary.