This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max KK cbet

• ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $12.23
      BB: $21.45
      UTG: $12.97
      BTN: $12.83

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:diamond: K:heart:

fold, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, BTN raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.50, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.00, 3 players) A:spade: A:diamond: 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets $2.10, Hero raises to $4.20, fold, fold

Hero wins $9.52

Villian is 22/17 - 161 hands.
      Af 0.8. Cbets flop 70% 7of10 times

Why I called preflop instead of raising - have no idea. Maby villain 2bb open was not convincing preflop and could turn bigger profit later.

On such a flop I do not like it but it either gives nuts to villain or it will be easy to take away.
      Although I have an image/initiative. That gives me more credit.
      so I go for c/r or if raised - fold.
      Cbetting probably would cost as much $ as x/r.
      If he would go all in I would fold.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Preflop: I think your 3-bet size is way too small here vs a 120 bb stack. I would make it 70-80 cents (3.5-4X). When he 4-bets you, this is an easy 5-bet. Remember that you are in late positions, so both of you should be having much wider 3-betting and 4-betting ranges here.

Flop: As played, what does the Flop Checkraise achieve? Does a better hand fold (AX)? Do worse hands call?

Also, you seem to be talking about cbetting a lot in these spots. Do realize that you do not have the initiative (you are not the last raiser in the previous street). Continuation betting refers to betting when you have the initiative from the previous street. That's not the case here. BTN makes a Continuation bet because he was the last raiser in the previous round and has shown the most sign of strength with his 4-bet. On the other hand, if you bet here, you are leading into the Preflop raiser and are not C-betting.