Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:heart: J:heart:

SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60, 2 players) 4:heart: 6:spade: T:club:
      Hero checks, SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.60, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero bets $1.30, SB raises to $8.96, Hero calls $7.66

River: ($20.52, 2 players) Q:spade:

Hero wins $19.52

Villain is 27/21 - 100 hands Af 2.4 Loosing money from all positions so far.

Calling does not look bad because he steals 56%.

I had some break during midsummer events and I am a bit confused about Cbets.
      When to make them?

Could I Cbet in this case? Or I should better have Axs? (In Axs I would most likely 3bet preflop)

x/r with backdoor flush and two overcards - why not.

Turn is great, BUT ... I like my turn Cbet, but I do not like his shove.
      It could be sets, 2 pair. He would not play draws or AJ like that.
      I called because his trend so far was "to loose money". So I expected to see some Tx, lower Jx, small pairs.

P.S. After such a break it is nice posting something again here.
      Thank you all coaches that evaluate hands here.
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: In a headsup match QJs is a snapcall

Flop: Hmm I think check/raise is probably fine with 2 overs + backdoor. Of course against a stronger opponent he may often float or bluff 3bet you on the Flop cos you represent a really narrow range of hands (44/66/T6s/64s). Do you checkraise sometimes with AT/KT type of hands?

Turn: Hmm You bet half pot and he jams over the top. It's a little hard to say whether the call is good or not. On one hand, microstakes villains often raise turns with the nuts. ON the other hand this is headsup where ranges are significantly wider.

If you do think that villain is capable of floating you with hands like 7:c8 or K:cQ/A:cK then this is an easy call. If you think he's solid then this might be a fold.

I don't have a clear answer here.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by ilioas

When to make them?

Could I Cbet in this case? Or I should better have Axs? (In Axs I would most likely 3bet preflop)
      Are you referring to leading/donkbetting on the Flop? Cos you are the preflop caller and you do not have the initiative, thus you are unable to make a Continuation Bet.
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: In a headsup match QJs is a snapcall

Flop: Hmm I think check/raise is probably fine with 2 overs + backdoor. Of course against a stronger opponent he may often float or bluff 3bet you on the Flop cos you represent a really narrow range of hands (44/66/T6s/64s). Do you checkraise sometimes with AT/KT type of hands?
      On single bet flops that would not be a common move with those hands.
      I tend to pick spots where villain is folding a lot to raises and board is low (better with one high card 9 to K) and I have Axs with backdoor flush on board.

Turn: Hmm You bet half pot and he jams over the top. It's a little hard to say whether the call is good or not. On one hand, microstakes villains often raise turns with the nuts. ON the other hand this is headsup where ranges are significantly wider.

If you do think that villain is capable of floating you with hands like 7:c8 or K:cQ/A:cK then this is an easy call. If you think he's solid then this might be a fold.

I don't have a clear answer here.
      I am new to ipoker now and I busted first 100eur by playing NL20,NL10 zoom without stats and after that I used leftover 20eur to grind back at NL2.
      I played around 10k hands and during that period I still perform bad at NL2 because they as you say - always have a hand. but when they do, I have some overpair or second best hand and at NL10 it is fine to shove or call because you still beat some portion of villain range but at NL2 - second best hand or overpair is useless.

Originally posted by ilioas

When to make them?

Are you referring to leading/donkbetting on the Flop? Cos you are the preflop caller and you do not have the initiative, thus you are unable to make a Continuation Bet.
      I imagine a Cbet on boards that do not connect well to villains range and I am able to take pot away either immediately or with second barrel.
      I tend not to donkbet at all.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      are you referring to the Flop or Turn with Cbetting? As mentioned earlier, you cannot "Cbet" the Flop because you lack the initiative.

On the turn, since you are the last raiser on the Flop, you now have the initiative.