Keeping the MTT Dream alive [HU Hypers]

• xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      ..another soon to fail blog from me :D

Still same goals still same thoughs another format

I just found out a very lucrative way of getting my BR into the position where I want it to be..iPoker Superturbo Shortstack DoNk SNGs.

I mean the bigstack STs are just terrible with the 1 minute blinds, The new shorstack format is great slower levels and more fun structure. One still has maneuvrebility though first few orbits and the the mathgame of playing for chips and playing no cards begins.

DoNs cracked:
      Stage one play big with big cards...(Don-tgo broke as the firstone out with shit like 2pictures)
      Stage 2: Play primes heavy steal lightly against nitbots
      Stage 3: Shove it all :D
      Stage4: learn to fold too
      Stage 5:P rofit

ICM on these are nuts so theres something I need to learn. Also

Superturbos they say theres variance there..yea maybe but the general pop is terribad players and bots (they say there are many..I agree to some degree)..so crushable.

Rake: Better on STs than on normal Turbos 10%.
      -Beatable: Tough but with good RB yea.

So here is GO. I will be looking to move to $2.2s very soon.Maybe making a small depo just for security.

Volume: I am looking to put in..as the name says 1K games in each month. For $2.2s am looking at $110 RB. That is 50BI. I will be fine with 500+ but nothing less. Volume is the key to buildup here.

Moving up: at 40BI

Moving Down: at 30BI

Goal: Build a solid BR for 2014 plans.

WHen do I begin...well I shall start August 1st but my game volume goals are weekly..so pretty much need to put in solid 250 games a week to reach the monthly goals. Brake it down to 36games a day. Shouldn't be too hard. Exceptoccationally some work trips etc do take out some grinding time. And my dear family too. but will do the best to make up for missed days.

So on with the show

Here is the graph on 3 days at $1.1 games

EZmoney

Threadsaver
  • 114 replies
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Not such a great session but the EV line tells the story how these DoNky games go..flips are flips and so be it..With RB still almost 12BI up this week..so no worries. As it is all profit counts so I wll be looking the relation of the green and red line and count winnings with the blue :D

Tomorrow I will have to grind some moar as it is I will be away for few days on a trip. SHould be back on track for August 1. I'll be moving to $2.2s the most likely. I'll be happy to get in 200 games or so next week. I have buncha big projects filling my last vacation week and 2 days Cruise with the family.

Here is the graph for the week gone by

• highyeah
      highyeah
      Bronze
      Gl in your challenge !!
      I'm also a DON player on ipoker (winner poker) and fifty50 on stars
      Where are you playing the DONs (poker770/WH ...) ??
    • whatsuup
      whatsuup
      Bronze
      good luck man)))!
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Hello
      thank you for reading and for the well wishes! I play on WH due to the rakeback deal i have in there.

@highyea
      Do you have a blog? Would be interested in following.

@whatsuup
      thanks mate!
    • whatsuup
      whatsuup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xxInspectorxx
      I play on WH due to the rakeback deal i have in there.
      how come you have any rakeback on WH???? :)
      i don't see any offers there
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/william-hill/
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Had that done before joining PS. Cannot discuss it on the forums due PS TOS. I get my sp from 24h poker playing shorthanded normall turbo SNGs.
    • whatsuup
      whatsuup
      Bronze
      Had that done before joining PS. Cannot discuss it on the forums due PS TOS. I get my sp from 24h poker playing shorthanded normall turbo SNGs.
      OK) I see
    • highyeah
      highyeah
      Bronze

@highyea
      Do you have a blog? Would be interested in following.

Yeah maybe i'll make one why not but i'm too lazy :P
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      @highyeah
      which levels u play at ipoker and which format?
      @ whatsuup
      sent you friend request
    • highyeah
      highyeah
      Bronze
      @highyeah
      which levels u play at ipoker and which format?
      @ whatsuup
      sent you friend request
      I play the 1.1$ superturbo DONs for 800 starting chips and 1 min level (in winner poker)
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      nice. Same games. Though started mixing in $2.2s as i made small transfer from stars and am starting to put in volume with those for faster growth with rb and as it is they are no different to $1.1s. Gl with th grind!
    • whatsuup
      whatsuup
      Bronze
      how guys can you play superturbo shortstack dons....that's almost a raffle: one round of trades and immediately push-fold begins.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      not really. You start with 40bb so one has plenty of space to move. Blinds go up every 2minutes. Next level you still have 20bb so still possible to maneuvre. Next level you should have gained chips enough so still be able to steal at ease. Incase u have failed to collect chips till this point you can shove very wide as the villains need superthin calling range as calling here means the one loosing the flip will be out next. TT+ AQ+ is the correct calling range. Stealing blinds like 3times here gets you from shorstack say 500 to around 900 chipcs at ease.

If you double up somewhere you can start pounding the blinds especially the larger stack that have to fold as it is there will be players with 4-6bb at the table and they cannot call as it is more likely the few bb stack goes bust before them and so on.

Also there are tons of fish there who don't understand the games. There are those who play too tight and don't understand the the wide range one can shove. They wait for the Ax or 2 pictures to make a move. They don't understand thw value of high blockercards etc. There are those who call too wide. Similar size stack calling with stuff like JTo etc. Hands like that are often behind against your PP and blockers Qx Kx Ax or tad ahead against great flopping hands like 78s and really just flipping here. As it is its always ICM suicide to call against similar stack with hands like that.

These fish don't know how to use a hud and incase they do they sure as hell don't know how to filter them so you see the villains tendencies on every situation. I have setup my hud so i see how my villains play when 6handed->5 handed -> bubble so that the stats change accordingly. This gives me data on how wide ppl shove at bubble or how tight they play so i can shove ATC here. The structure of these games make it possible to do lot of EV+ move and exploit the villains weaknesses even more than at normal SNGs. I mean yesterday i busted out BB just by due forced ai from sb as sb was more than bb had left who was forced ai, I had 52o and the UTG had 9chips left and i flopped 22T.

It don't matter if you get an unlucky flip but as long as your move was correct whether shove or call your EV adjusted line tells the story and volume will eventually correct the mathematical variance.

I also play the STs due half the rake and the more volume i get in. SNGs especially DoN and HUSNGs are the game of volume. Less variance than on normal structured 50% 30% 20% or 65% 35% but due to the payouts on these games even a heater doesnt grow your BR greatly. If you play the conservative 60-40 you need 60bi from $1->$2 if you start with $60 though I think thats too nitty atleas thru the first micros. 40-30 should be ok for micro DONs. But iirc you started with $7.70. You are playing those 20% rake games. So every 11 games you play you lost 1bi of ST games. With those games you need to be up 100bi to reach 40bi to $2.2s. With 10% roi u get there playing 1k games. With your volume 100days. Thru those 1000k games you have payed $100 more rake than playing 1k STs. With STs you only need 900games with same roi and if you only get like 7% roi you'd need less games and would pay less rake.

For me its also time issue. Shortstack STs take about 10-15 minutes and as I am a father of 3 and still have my wife on my side so my games start latenight and as i do work fulltime i cannot sit around hours on end to win a buck or two. Also as my RB gives me 5% roi even with BE gameplay putting in volume is the key. For example on august i get my RB and will be sitting on $100 or so which is almost 50bi. If i grind 1k games of $2.2s I will rake $200. This will get me $110 rb for september. i doubt i would bust 50bi on these and incase bad run i can always hop to $1.1s. I assume i get about 5-10% roi on $2.2s which gets me another $110. So $220 profit for august. This will get me to $5.5s nicely. Incase i hit a downswing i will most likely still profit some due the RB.

Also i doubt that your edge grows significantly on the turbos compared to supers. And even if it does i doubt it grows more than you loose on double the rake.

So, more volume less rake terribad field of randoms and bad regs and only few "good" players to be aware of. And if you run below ev it don't matter if there is runbad which is very common in STs. Easier done volume with math will correct the badbeats eventually.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      And here is the Wrapup for Julys games (last 5 days.)

Running lil undr EV on both $1.1 and $2.2s so no worries on the not so epic results...RB FTW anyways.

Games continue on August as am off to Sweden for a little Cruise wih the family.

Got this room with wifey :f_love: and kids and can go with gramma and grampa :coolface: Should be fun times for the next 2 days.

Thanks for reading!
      Be Back in August.
    • whatsuup
      whatsuup
      Bronze
      I have setup my hud so i see how my villains play when 6handed->5 handed -> bubble so that the stats change accordingly. This gives me data on how wide ppl shove at bubble or how tight they play so i can shove ATC here.
      hmmm...sounds good, but don't you think it would be a better idea if you filter stats depending on number of bb in stack. is it possible to do that?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Have a great break and good luck with these DONks.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      @ Tim
      thanks mate. Here I am at kids playroom lurkin PS forums :) thanks for the coaching last time. Been working a lot with those homeworks you gave me and gotten better on the spots where i steal/shove. Especially important on shorstack DoNs.

@whatsuup
      I have my Hud showing BBs so no need for such filtering besides it also depends on gameflow. And its obvious that bigstacks can pound on the mediumstack who cannot call much when there is a shorstack or 2 at table. The thing why I filter for amount of players is that i see who play too nitty and who call wide and who shove too wide so i can openup my callingrange vs those players. As it is every player should adjust to the changing situations. And this then shows on the hud how each player playes 6handed 5handed and the bubble. This makes it very easy to exploit certain types of players.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      my son had an earinfection and some lil pimples the other week. Doctors were not sure if it was chickenpox or some skin reaction by strptococchusbakteria. My missus who is registerd nurse said it looks lik hfmd. I doubted as the antibiotics worked on it...well she was yet again right..the cruise pinnacled on huge fever and in the morning my head (luckily at wheere my hair is) is covered in fucking itching pimples. My hands and feet have some too and its damn painful to walk. Grrrreat way to end a vacation. Well atleast there is only few of the pimples on my face but they don't look bad.

Diagnosis from my works healthdept. Doctor. HFMD...great just fucking great..well atleast i can still click a mouse (unless the fucking things spread to my fingertips too). As no fewer poker will bring a nice distraction to the itching..FFS what a way to end a vacation..well sickleav till thursday so whatever. No fever so apart from the damn itching and pain at feet and sore throat..yes som shit in there too. I am feeling AA-ok

getting these childrens diseases at the age of 34... Deffo EV- :D
    • highyeah
      highyeah
      Bronze
      my son had an earinfection and some lil pimples the other week. Doctors were not sure if it was chickenpox or some skin reaction by strptococchusbakteria. My missus who is registerd nurse said it looks lik hfmd. I doubted as the antibiotics worked on it...well she was yet again right..the cruise pinnacled on huge fever and in the morning my head (luckily at wheere my hair is) is covered in fucking itching pimples. My hands and feet have some too and its damn painful to walk. Grrrreat way to end a vacation. Well atleast there is only few of the pimples on my face but they don't look bad.

Diagnosis from my works healthdept. Doctor. HFMD...great just fucking great..well atleast i can still click a mouse (unless the fucking things spread to my fingertips too). As no fewer poker will bring a nice distraction to the itching..FFS what a way to end a vacation..well sickleav till thursday so whatever. No fever so apart from the damn itching and pain at feet and sore throat..yes som shit in there too. I am feeling AA-ok

getting these childrens diseases at the age of 34... Deffo EV- :D
      Bad luck :( Maybe a winning session will make you feel better :s_cool: