Range feedback

• gxtwo
      Hi, Decided to tighten up my game as i seem to be too loose atm.

Looking for any thoughts and feedback for the ranges.

I'm also looking for help with SB steal ranges. Obv this is a very opponent dependent range, so not sure where to begin with it. perhaps i would be better oppening another thread to discuss.

the game is NL10SH:
      UTG (or mp1):

MP (or mp2):

• 1 reply
    • DrDunne
      hey man! i'd lose some of the offsuit hands from these ranges. especially LP - i think if you try and weigh them more towards suited hands you'll have more playability postflop. flop BDFDs to barrel on etc.

UTG i'd go something like this: 66+, ATs+, KJs+, QJs, JTs, AJo+, KQo

MP: 22+, A9s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo (could remove QJo and KJo, could add more Axs)

CO: 22+, A2s+, K8s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, A9o+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo

BU: 22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J6s+, T6s+, 95s+, 85s+, 74s+, 64s+, 54s, 43s, 32s, A6o+, K8o+, Q9o+, J9o+, T8o+, 98o, 87o

SB: would look sort of like CO

the thing is it all depends on the table as you said. if you have a bunch of fish then opening SCs in EP/MP is pointless cos you can't profit much from FE postflop but against a bunch of ABC players then it makes more sense.

also you can start stealing more in CO if BU is nitty, so your CO range would change to something like your BU range, and in BU if the blinds arent defending much you can start widening it - i'd start by adding more suited hands again because hands like 54o are a bit meh.

and in SB a good rule of thumb is to approach it with your CO range but you'll wanna adjust it based on who BB is ofc so maybe you'll open up and steal any 2 vs him etc.

note on PPs as well - people say fold them UTG like 22-55 which is probably better. but i don't think its a huge huge problem up to nl10 just because people aren't 3betting like crazy and they are bad enough to still pay up. just the problem is you will get oversetted sometimes which sucks.

this is the way that i approach ranges anyway, but lots of people seem to think different things so i guess there might be disagreement. thats my 2c :D