This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Zoom NL10 AQ

• DavidNegranu
      DavidNegranu
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $11.58 (115.8 bb)
      SB: $5.44 (54.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $12.74 (127.4 bb)
      UTG: $20.47 (204.7 bb)
      MP: $10.50 (105 bb)
      CO: $9.33 (93.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.23, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BTN calls $0.67

Flop: ($1.85) 9 7 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BTN calls $1.10

Turn: ($4.05) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

River: ($9.05) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.70, Hero calls $3.70

Results:
      $16.45 pot ($0.74 rake)
      Final Board: 9 7 7 J A
      BTN showed 7 3 and won $15.71 ($7.51 net)
      Hero mucked Q A and lost (-$8.20 net)
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

It seems that you are always playing blind without thinking of how your opponents are playing. Do you use a poker tracking software? IF you do, it would be great to provide some of your reads. If not I really suggest you get one if you want to treat this as a serious hobby or potential career.

Flop: Looks fine to me, betting with 2 overs and a backdoor flush draw

Turn: You pick up a turned nut flush draw, so barreling this is fine

River: Hmm this is interesting. Let's look at our 3 options
      1. Betting: Do enough worse hands call us? TT/JTs/J8s/9X. We lose to AJ/7X/T8s/flushes. Are we a favourite vs hands that call us?
      2. Check: If we can't bet for value, we should check. Should we call or fold?
      a) Call: If you think he turns a worse hand into a bluff, such as 66/55/88 or value bets a worse hand like JT
      b) Fold: If you think he never bets worse and rarely bluffs.

So let me know which option you think is best.
    • DavidNegranu
      DavidNegranu
      Bronze
      Hi,

I do have HEM but because I only play zoom, I have basically no info. I think the biggest sample I have on any individual player is like 15 hands.

On the river, I never gave him credit for flopped trips, because I didnt think there were many hands that he would call a 3bet with that contained a 7 and that he would raise the flop if he did. Looking back at it I dont know if there are any hands that will realistically call us but I wanted to get my hand to showdown becaue I obviously did have showdown value so I set my own price and in my mind he very rarely had a 7. In hindsight I guess this was wrong.
    • MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      I'd say fold since I don't see him valuebetting or bluffing a hand that we beat on such a board
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I disagree that villain cannot have 7X here. Especially if he chose to slowplay it on the flop, he is now unable to raise the turn for value because he would be over-representing his hand when the flush completes.

Vs a passive villain who isn't too loose, the best option is to check/fold cos you cannot bet for value, and a passive villain rarely bets with worse than 7X on the river.

Vs a loose calling station, betting is probably slightly better cos he may call you with JX/9X.