This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom JTo

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($27.12)
      BB ($16.14)
      UTG ($11.64)
      UTG+1 ($25.43)
      CO ($33.28)
      BTN ($20.76)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.50) T:spade: 8:club: 6:club:

Hero bets $1.10, BB calls $1.10

TURN ($3.70) T:spade: 8:club: 6:club: 4:heart:

Hero bets $2.60, BB calls $2.60

RIVER ($8.90) T:spade: 8:club: 6:club: 4:heart: J:diamond:

Hero bets $6.40, BB raises to $11.69 (AI), Hero calls $5.29

Hero shows J:heart: T:diamond:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 4.9%, Turn 0.0%)

BB shows 9:club: 7:diamond:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 95.1%, Turn 100.0%)

BB wins $30.83

33/0 3h

River have to be good 16% of the time. But somehow dont believe that he is bluffing. He could raise with 8J, J6 maybe or maybe not, because those are not too strong 2 pairs.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi SPeedFANat1c,

I think that flop and turn are fine but on the river it's a bet/fold. In fact it's a smaller bet/fold imo.

A scare card came down (high card + 4 to a straight) so why are you betting that big? What are you looking to get value from? And why do you call? We are never good there.
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      4 to a straight?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      A scare card came down (high card + 4 to a straight) so why are you betting that big? What are you looking to get value from? And why do you call? We are never good there.

There are lot of weaker slowplayed 2 pairs. He might be fish, so I assume he can slowplay those.

And AT, KT, QT can call still.

Called because need to be ok 16% of the time and did not know if folding is not too weak.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by MJQuads
      4 to a straight?
      Oops, there is no 4 to straight, misread the board texture the first time around.

I doubt anyone will slowplay 2p (weaker than top 2) until the river.

This is a classic example of bet/bet/bet until you are told otherwise.

Would you still call if he had $24 total (so $8 more)?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I doubt anyone will slowplay 2p (weaker than top 2) until the river. This is a classic example of bet/bet/bet until you are told otherwise. Would you still call if he had $24 total (so $8 more)?

I believe they can slowplay 2 pair :) there are some fish who it looks like dont care that the board is wet. Also they think - once they raise, they will get lot of folds so proabaly thats why they call. ANd wake up on the river sometimes and start raiseing when some draw hits and they have only 2 pair :)

And no, I probaly would not call if he had 8$ more, because even now was considering foldign probably but just was afraid that it might be too weak for those odds.