This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom 55

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($39.63)
      BB ($23.75)
      UTG ($46.84)
      UTG+1 ($64.33)
      CO ($16.37)
      BTN ($13.06)

Dealt to Hero 5:spade: 5:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, BB raises to $1.45, Hero calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.90) Q:club: 5:diamond: K:heart:

Hero checks, BB bets $1.30, Hero raises to $2.60, BB calls $1.30

TURN ($8.10) Q:club: 5:diamond: K:heart: J:spade:

Hero bets $3.90, BB raises to $7.80, Hero raises to $35.58 (AI), BB calls $11.90 (AI)

RIVER ($47.50) Q:club: 5:diamond: K:heart: J:spade: 2:spade:

Hero shows 5:spade: 5:heart:
      (Pre 48%, Flop 84.0%, Turn 22.7%)

BB shows T:heart: 9:heart:
      (Pre 52%, Flop 16.0%, Turn 77.3%)

BB wins $45.50

50/50 8h

FLop - small raise to get light calls. Flop is not too wet.

Turn - straight is now possible, but there are also KQ, KJ possible. Also htere are better sets. Maybe call turn and fold river if he shoves and I do not improve?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: looks fine given the size of his 3-bet

Postflop: You can definitely raise bigger. You have no reason to believe he is bluffing preflop and that board hits a 3-bet range. So raise at least to $3 or more imo.

AS played bet turn bigger and i don't think we can fold.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze

why bet turn bigger? I am having no problem to get money in on the river and its already about 1/2 bet. IS this because so I could get better odds when he raises? My bet might scare him if I bet bigger.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

why bet turn bigger? I am having no problem to get money in on the river and its already about 1/2 bet. IS this because so I could get better odds when he raises? My bet might scare him if I bet bigger.
      The simple answer is: "for more value".

There are river scare cards but also many hands that may only call one more street. This way you maximize value and also increase the chance he will make a ligther calldown on the river (bigger pot, smaller bet).

Why would you want to have a $16 pot with almost $16 behind? Don't you want to get all the money in?

Of course, betting small is fine when you want to induce raises.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Why would you want to have a $16 pot with almost $16 behind? Don't you want to get all the money in? Of course, betting small is fine when you want to induce raises.

Yeah, thats bit too big left, but really all I was thinking probably that he can have more semibluffs than value hands so I wanted to induce the semibluff. I hate so much to bet with strong hand and see how they fold :)

And reread first answer:

You have no reason to believe he is bluffing preflop

Actually I have reason - small 3bet sizing. Big sizing is much more likely imo to be a value than small one. But at the same time I do not say that there is no value hands.

And also I am having dificulties to decide when I remember similar situations, for exmaple this:

NL25 SH Zoom JJ trips max value

I was adviced to call, even when flush could kill the action on river. Of course he probably is not having much on the turn, but somtimes he has set. WHich might shut down on flush river.

Could you take a look, maybe you have different opinion on that hand?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I think that's a way different scenario than this.

In that case UTG is unknown and full stack so likely not fish.

Plus the turn is more of a blank than anything else and you block a TON of TP that may rarely raise.

So I'm not sure how you can compare the two spots. They are very very different. The only similarity is that you get raised in both, and that's about it.