Poker Equilab

• dy477
      Does anyone use Equilab when in the middle of a poker game to get their equity. If so, is it something you can use without getting distracted from the game, and how valuable is it. Or sometimes is it used to check scenarios (to do with equity) outside the game, that can be used as a tool to support the similar scenarios you will encounter?.
  • 2 replies
    • TinoLaan
      Hey dy477,

It is generally not recommended to make these calculations while you are playing, because it takes your focus away from your games. However, using Equilab during session reviews is definitely a great idea. You'll have all the time to give your opponents a specific range and see how you do against that range to see if you can for example justify a river call.

So yeah, generally I wouldn't use it during play, but rather while doing session reviews :)

Kind regards,
    • RasTweet
      Hey dy477

Well Tino said almost everything already but I'd like to add one more thing. Equilab is used outside the sessions usually. But that doesn't mean you don't make calculations during sessions. If you play around a lot with equilab you'll know what hand has how much equity against what range. So basically the more you use it outside of the game the more calculated descissions you can make during the sessions.

I hope this made sense.