sh river bluff?

• 3 replies
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      bet bigger all streets if you want to 3 barrel, sthing like 3/4-2/3-pot but I wouldn't bet that river unless vilain is a complete nit, I mean he is playing his hand face up practically, and I wouldn't expect him to fold unless as I said he is a major nit, I expect to see KQ/KJ/Kx so often that it is not worth it, only part of his range you could target is 8 :heart: x :heart: but I think most decent regs would raise turn with those hands. overall, I think it is quite a bad spot to bluff, but if you want to do it, bet much bigger, snap-overshoving river might be an option, it will work so often and it is good for your image overall so you can exploit it later.
    • Superbrain
      Superbrain
      Basic
      I would have bet 3.5 on flop, however, big call on flop from villain indicated strength, for this draw im going to take the free card on turn and fold on river if miss.

btw i think villain range is K w kicker like KQ, good enough to catch bluff but not good enough to call all in. if you overbet on river it will make it more difficult to call from villain's perspective.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Superbrain
      I would have bet 3.5 on flop, however, big call on flop from villain indicated strength, for this draw im going to take the free card on turn and fold on river if miss.

btw i think villain range is K w kicker like KQ, good enough to catch bluff but not good enough to call all in. if you overbet on river it will make it more difficult to call from villain's perspective.
      I dont think taking a free card with a monster draw while in position is the right play, we miss tons of value/fold equity. it would be a huge mistake not to barrel turn imo