I'm in love

• tolari
      tolari
      Black
      hi, I've recently discovered PLO HU and I've instantly fallen in love. Since I'm a huge PLO fish I'm looking for articles, videos to learn from. I don't see much in Pokerstrategy about PLO HU (if im mistaken don't hesitate to post!) - so Im asking you, how would you start? what blogs to follow? whom for couching? what brm? is nl50 on stars beatable with this cosmic rake? what are good doable winrates? really I would appreciate any help ;d
  • 2 replies
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      First thing's first... A mistake every newbie makes for the first week. It's plo50, not nl50 :D :D .

I tried HU myself, but wasn't happy with the way it was, so i continued to play 6max. I definetly belive you should have some 6max behind you before you go to HU, just so you can pick up the basics; HU is definetly a different Omaha, and you'r BR will bleed if you start there.

I do belive plo50 is beateable with a very good game selection, but it's easier to beat 6max imo. To put in perspective, my plo50 6max winrate was around 10 in a 120k sample i think, and i knew a lot less than i know now :) .

So in short, my advice is to try 6max first, and definetly don't play below plo50, as the rake is so big there i think having a winrate is very very tough. (You would need such a skill edge that you would win plo50 as well, so there's no point imo).

Regards,

Skodljivec
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      PLO HU is the king of the games. But it has insane variance and the rake is very high under PLO50 HU.

The reason you don't find that much coaching material for PLO HU is that it's a hard game to teach. It's all about adjusting to your opponent, and figuring out how he adjusts to you.

I would suggest that you learn 6max first, and when you can win there you try HU.

I love PLO HU, but I hate bumhunting and I don't like that insane variance it has. I play it mostly for fun.