This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 4 ATo in BB vs Raise and 2 callers

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      The strategy article on squeeze plays as follows:
      A squeeze play is a pre-flop bluff in the form of a big re-raise and happens after one player raises and at least one other player calls the raise.
      Is this the right situation?
      Until now, I have only squeezed with QQ+, AQ+, but that really isn't a bluff.
      Also, I normally squeezed vs looser people than these.

IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $5.08 (127 bb) 29/24/10 477H (v/p/3)
      Hero (BB): $5.44 (136 bb)
      UTG: $4.16 (104 bb)
      MP: $6.45 (161.3 bb) 20/17/6 474H
      CO: $6.14 (153.5 bb) 21/15/6 391H
      BTN: $7.67 (191.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A T
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.12, CO calls $0.12,
      BTN folds, SB calls $0.10, Hero ???

Can you give some general guidelines for when to squeeze?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Broadways are best to squeeze with. I usually use AJ KQ as part of my default bluff squeezing range. Sometimes ill often squeeze AT and KJ too as they have good blockers.

Occasionally ill use AXs or suited connectors if conditions are favourable (villain folds a lot to 3bets).

You want to be squeezing more vs late position opens and calls as they are weaker. If utg opens and mpcalls, both of their ranges are still pretty strong amd uncapped. Mp cpuld easily be slowplaying here w AA or KK.

But if bu opens and sb flats, sb is almost guaranteed to have a capped range. Bus opening range is probably rly wide too.