This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl50 Aa

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Same villain as last hand
      21/16/2.1/8.2/30/600hands

FTflop cbet 33%
      raise turn cbet 20%(5)

Overall I just get the feeling this guy likes to make a lot of moves.

At the time I thought this would be a pretty perfect turn for him to bluffraise, I'm not sure this is such a good spot for it though.
      Sets & straights are even a bit thin since I will fold a lot of my range.
      Also blocking the nut flush made me think he is bluff heavy.

What about with AA without the :heart: ? Or Kx?
      I think I would fold without the redraw, but I wasn't super happy about calling.

Not sure I like my river sizing, If he bluffs the turn with Qh or Jh he will probably call a much larger bet & fold everything else.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $28 (56 bb)
      SB: $61.63 (123.3 bb)
      BB: $78.90 (157.8 bb)
      UTG: $31.53 (63.1 bb)
      MP: $56.91 (113.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $87.59 (175.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.75) 7 9 K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.75, BB calls $1.75

Turn: ($6.25) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB raises to $14, Hero calls $10

River: ($34.25) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $17.75, BB folds

Results:
      $34.25 pot ($1.54 rake)
      Final Board: 7 9 K 8 6
      BB mucked and lost (-$17 net)
      Hero mucked A A and won $32.71 ($15.71 net)
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I think its fine to call if u think villain is capable of raising turn light. If u compare the equity of having Ah vs not having it, theres gonna be a rly huge difference both in terms of blocking nut flush draws from villains range as well as having the redraw (7-9 outs).

I think u should just bet 2/3 on river. He prpbably never folds Jh or Qh
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Silver
      river I would bet a lot larger as well as we expect him to call only high flushes and fold the rest. So if he is calling 1/2 pot he is also calling 2/3

Not folding AAh either

Ott I think he is range is mostly value heavy. He has many two pairs, pair + oesd, even low flushes . Not sure how he plays 77-99 though. If his 3b% is 20 vs btn he might 3b/5b 77-99 so we can exclude sets from his range

its a pretty tough decision with AA without H or Kx. Against a random nl50 villain I am prob folding but if you perceive this villain as more "creative" I think we should adjust and call down more light. It also depends on how he plays river as well. If he is one of those guys who bluffs once and gives up then we can justify calling the turn raise somtimes with AA Kx. If he can pot the river with a pure bluff then playing this type of hand is tough. So yeah it also depends if he is honest otr. Which we dont know :P
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Assuming villain is aggro but somewhat balanced, calling the turn raise without any is probably way too loose.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      thanks again guys.

During the hand I didn't think he could really have like 2p+, since I didn't expect sets to raise OTT, if he's not raising flop with a set I didn't think he'd often raise the turn completing the flush.

Also now I agree that calling turn w/o the Ah would be a bit ambitious & hard to play.

On a side note, 100bb deep, would you consider shoving over his turn raise?
      I would only do it because I assumed his range to be bluff heavy, but if he has a lot of value hands I guess it would just be spewing.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      if you think his range is bluff heavy, just call Turn and call all Rivers. Shoving turn would be bad as you are just isolating yourself vs stronger holdings.

Such plays only make sense if you think that the pot is extremely large, and that protection becomes much more important. I don't think protection is too important when you have A here.