An inconsistent example on SSS?

• rowzee
      I started to re-read the basic+bronze SSS strategy articles and noticed a curiosity which might be a possible inconsitency with the strategy. The example with pocket kings on tells us that we should raise 3x a raise in front of us. Since the raise in front is $0.40 and we're in the big blind, we have to add $1.10 to the pot, however our remaining stack is only $2.10 whick makes the raise more than 1/2 of our stack. Shouldn't we go all-in with this hand preflop? Maybe it makes a difference that the raiser is in SB and thus has to invest only $0.35 instead of $0.40? But then again, wouldn't our reraise amount be different then? I'm really confused here.

And another thing. Why does PS insist that 30 BI is the absolute minimum BR to play SSS, however at the same time encourages to play NL10 with the $50 starting capital which makes it only 25 BI? (
  • 2 replies
    • extpan
      I always wheen need invest more than half stack go all-in..(and is profitabile)...and 25BI is solid to play on NL10....but on higher limit is better to have about 30-50BI.....PS-today is coaching soo come see pro. sss in action :D
    • delete461
      On most (maybe all) sites NL10 is the lowest limit you can play SSS on - the minimum buyin on NL$0.04 tables is usually $2, but to play SSS you must not enter the table with more than 20BB. Maybe should lobby the powers-that-be to increase the starting capital from $50 to $60 :D :D