How to analyze hands

• benrunciman
      benrunciman
      Bronze
      Hello
      Im new to the whole improving my game and i'm currently playing nl0.02 on Stars. I have and use Pokertracker 4.

My question is how do i analyze my hands? what do i look for? Do i look at the hands i lost where i was a head preflop? Do i look at the hands I won? Any and all help would be appreciated
  • 4 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hello benrunciman and welcome to the community!

the first thing I suggest is you enrol on the NL Beginners Course, just click the big green link at the bottom of this post to go to all the information about it. Fear not, it's totally free! You can come and go as you like and the coaches will answer all your questions. Highly recommended! :s_cool:

Second, one of those coaches made a series of videos on how to analyze your hands and find leaks, here is the link; have fun with those the guy is awesome!

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/#searchtext=database&key=all&contenttype=17&gametype=3&tablesize=0&languages=en&levels=basic,bronze&lowerlimit=0&upperlimit=100&ob=date&od=desc&page=1&rpp=10

Also coming even higher on the highly recommended list is the Hand Evaluation forum. Post any hands that made you hesitate or go; '...hmmm...' and you will get expert advice on them from the judges and coaches. Just remember, ask questions so they know what you want from them.

Here is the link fto the instructions about how to post hands in case you aren't sure:

How to post a hand for discussion

If you need any further help just ask and we'll see what we can do for you, ok?

Meanwhile, have fun,

Mal.
    • benrunciman
      benrunciman
      Bronze
      Dude thanks alot, just what i was looking for. tell your boss to give you a raise
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I certainly will, thank you very much! :D

Regards,

Mal.
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      I was just about to post a thread about the same topic.

I have went through my database for 2012 for stakes at nl2 and nl5 which is about 60k hands and I marked all the hands for review that I played and won/lost 20bb+ which is around 2.5k hands and im currently working my way through reviewing them, then I mark them reviewed.

Anybody think im going the right way about it?

When I have reviewed the hand I export it to my hard drive and plan on posting the hand here on PS for discussion.

It is going to take me soooooooo long to get through all the hands I have marked, but ive been putting it of for so long and I have to do it now if I want to improve my game. I have already seen things I done at the start of last year that im not doing now thankfully, some of it is pretty gross to look back on.

I am lossing a lot of money at NL5 currently and im working on turning that around so that I am in profit by the end of the year and can move up to NL10

please let me know what you think I should be doing to help me improve and give me an idea on a method of analyzing hands if im not currently doing it the most +EV way.lol