This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [FR]NL20-KJs

• bosiati
      bosiati
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $29.46 (147.3 bb)
      MP3: $10.46 (52.3 bb)
      CO: $20 (100 bb)
      BTN: $16.63 (83.1 bb)
      SB: $20 (100 bb)
      BB: $18.70 (93.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $9.10 (45.5 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $20.74 (103.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J K
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, 2 folds, CO calls $0.70, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.70) 7 J 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.27, CO calls $1.27

Turn: ($4.24) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, CO calls $2.80

River: ($9.84) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Hello!

Stats:
      350hands, 14/10/5.8, ColdcallCO:22
      FoldVsFlopCb:80(5)
      WTSD:20, W$SD:38
      AF:3.1

Preflop looks like loose a little, but there is a fish on the button, but I think its loose yes.
      As played, flop is a standard Cbet, I can bet more about 1.4$ this dh board.
      Turn Cbet/fold was good?If yes I can bet about 3.2-3.4$.
      On the river ch/f is good?
      If yes which hands can I play ch/call if I want to balancing my range against this player?
      If I play everythink ch/f he can always bluff.
      If I play ch/call with nothing on the river, the turn ch/c is better I think(I play like that flushes), and ch/rasie river wiht flushes, and ch/f with hands like this KJ.

What do you think?

Thanks!
      Bosiati
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi bosiati,

Preflop: even with a fish on the BTN this is pretty loose unless you have only nits at the table

Postflop: What's the point of that bet on the turn? Are you getting value? If so, from what? Are you bluffing? If so, against what?

Why are you "worried" about balancing versus a 14/11 at 20nl? Do you think he can pick up on your plays and exploit you?

Ck/call implies that you think he has floats on that board on the flop. What floats can he have (or bluffs on the turn)?
    • bosiati
      bosiati
      Bronze
      Thank you!
      Then turn check/fold is okay?

Which players against I have to balancing, and which limits?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by bosiati
      Thank you!
      Then turn check/fold is okay?

Which players against I have to balancing, and which limits?
      Balancing implies that your opponent(s) can pick up on your plays and exploit you.

So I would look at balancing against players that have shown some higher level of skill and players you play versus a LOT. I don't think either of those players can really be found at 20nl on pacific. Keep in mind that most regs on pacific play a nitty game meant to hit the board and go from there (given the amount of fish generally available). So I would say that on that site you don't need to worry about balancing until nl100+ (and even there it's questionable at best).