$2.02
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $1.25
      UTG2:
      $2.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2, A.
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, BU calls $0.12, 3 folds, 2 folds, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.29) Q, 4, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.69) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.52(All-In), BU calls $0.52.

River: ($1.73) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.73.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and twos(2 A).
      BU shows a pair of threes(3 3).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and twos(2 A).

I was trying to steal from a late limper and got a surprise call from button. I thought I was doh'ed when he called my flop bet, cos I was committed and losing to any Ax. I didn't look at my cards until I was forced to decide on flop.

disclosure of interest: my image was quite aggressive (almost always try to isolate late limper(s)) and got caught for bluffing before.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Superbrain,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: You are playing quite short so there's a chance that villain will call Qx and draws since your image is aggro. You will see a fair amount of Ax but worse hands are possible too.

What happened to your stack here?
    • Superbrain
      Superbrain
      Basic
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Superbrain,

Postflop: You are playing quite short so there's a chance that villain will call Qx and draws since your image is aggro. You will see a fair amount of Ax but worse hands are possible too.

Thank you Sir.

When I first started, I play short cos that's the only way I could multi-table.

Now I can afford to buyin more, but I find my short stack could actually induce players to make bad calls.

I understand I am not winning "as much as possible" if I go all in due to my small stack - but my aim now is to let people call me with lesser hands.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Superbrain
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Superbrain,

Thank you Sir.

When I first started, I play short cos that's the only way I could multi-table.

Now I can afford to buyin more, but I find my short stack could actually induce players to make bad calls.

I understand I am not winning "as much as possible" if I go all in due to my small stack - but my aim now is to let people call me with lesser hands.
      The money you make from them calling "extra" with lesser hands is usually not enough to cover what you would make playing a full stack.

Ideally you do want to move towards a full stack. In poker, the bigger the effective stack the higher your chance of making more money.