Most Memorable Interruption?

• maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello,

We've all experienced this as poker players. We're in the zone playing poker, and BAM!

Something interrupts us that takes us away from our beloved poker session.

We feel a sense of anger, helplessness and confusion to this peculiar event that bestowed itself upon us.

I'll start it off! My most memorable poker interruption has to be when I was 6-tabling 1.50 6 max SNG tournaments and I was interrupted with continuous knocks on my door.

During the first 2 knocks I didn't bother with it, but when the third knock came and a deep voice saying "police" right after it, I had to decide whether I should answer the door or continue playing poker.

Needless to say, it wasn't a good time because I was involved in a hand holding two pair on a 3-to a flush with a straight draw on board and also being short stacked.

I chose to leave and answer the door. Two officers were standing infront of me and asked if I saw anything happen at the building right next to mine. It turns out someone committed suicide by jumping from the 12th floor balcony and they were going around asking if anyone saw anything.

I timed out on a bunch of hands, lost a bunch of chips and became short stacked on a lot of tables. Wasn't fun grinding my way back and I didn't play poker after that session for the day because I felt sad for the women who committed suicide.

How about you?

Take Care,

MB
  • 5 replies
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      First things first: Why would you ever open the door for anybody who says they are police? You don't have to do that. How do you know they are the real police and not some robbers dressed as policemen? And if they are the real thing, they are paid with your money, so they should be solving their problems without bothering you. If somebody knocks, rings the bell or calls me with an unknown number, I simply ignore them. Apparently they need me, I clearly don't need them.

And a real interruption is playing max number possible of super turbos and all of the sudden the internet connection drops and your backup doesn't work either. And you lose an amount that is 20 times the cost of both internet bills together.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      burglar in my house... was a bit distracting!
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      Father having a heart attack.
      Barely had the time to unregister from the SnGs that didn't start yet.

(srs)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by circoflax
      First things first: Why would you ever open the door for anybody who says they are police? You don't have to do that. How do you know they are the real police and not some robbers dressed as policemen? And if they are the real thing, they are paid with your money, so they should be solving their problems without bothering you. If somebody knocks, rings the bell or calls me with an unknown number, I simply ignore them. Apparently they need me, I clearly don't need them.

And a real interruption is playing max number possible of super turbos and all of the sudden the internet connection drops and your backup doesn't work either. And you lose an amount that is 20 times the cost of both internet bills together.
      "I will not let you in before I see that search warrant!" :D

Originally posted by VladimirN
      Father having a heart attack.
      Barely had the time to unregister from the SnGs that didn't start yet.

(srs)
      Priorities!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Usually get distubed by

- Phonecalls
      - Children
      - Better half

So, nothing spectacular!