This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA nl10sh

• confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello,

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em, £0.10 BB (6 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (MP) (£10.75)
      CO (£10.91) 24/24/8,8 reaise cbet flop 29(7) 273hand
      Button (£8.39)
      SB (£9.12)
      BB (£10)
      UTG (£10.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, A
      1 fold, Hero raises £0.30, CO calls £0.30, 3 folds

Flop: (£0.75) J, 8, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets £0.40, CO raises £1.20, Hero calls £0.80

Turn: (£3.15) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets £2.10, Hero calls £2.10

River: (£7.35) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets £7.31 (All-In), Hero calls £7.15 (All-In)

Total pot: £21.65

Results below:

Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces).
      CO had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
      Outcome: CO won £20.37

I am kinda lost in those spots where he doesnt represent much on flop. What is your line on those spots?
  • 8 replies
    • kennethjeu
      kennethjeu
      Bronze
      DISCLAIMER: I'm not a handjudge and my oppion can differ alot from the one of the coach. I take time to analyse the hands, comment on them and compare my answer to the coach's answer to learn myself. I do encourage you to start discussing with me about the hand!

Preflop is a standard openraise, we get a caller from a TAG.

Standard line is to Cbet with our overpair to get value from smaller pairs, since only T9s made a good draw (T9o is not in calling-range from vilain).
      Then we get raised, this could be from sets, AJ, or some pocketpairs that vilain wants to know where he's standing. Reraising would make the pot to big with only a pocketpair and will only lead to weaker hands to fold and better hands to continue. A fold would be too weak since we do have an overpair, so calling is best option here.

Turn is a check/call since vilain is an quite aggressive opponent who will continue with his weaker pairs often enough on the turn. Against a more passive opponent, the turn would be a fold.

River is a fold, against an almost pot bet your overpair isn't strong enough and vilain will not be betting weaker pairs that strong.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Heyo,

I think this is played fine. Personally this would be the weakest hand I would call down in this spot. Given villain seems to be raising flop cbets very wide, we definitely can't fold our hand on flop or turn, river is a little close but both calling and folding are relatively close in ev imo.

Nh.
    • kennethjeu
      kennethjeu
      Bronze
      Hej Shevtshenko,

what hands do you think vilain will bet that big on R that we beat?

Thnx,
      Kenneth
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      bluffs. Actulay i think that his range from flop is kinda polarised into bluffs and ocasionally sets. Thats why i calldown since i asume he is reggish so there is no reason for him to fastplay on the flop.
    • Podmunkey
      Podmunkey
      Bronze
      Sometimes it's too hard to lay down those aces.

Would you have made the same call if you had say QQ?

He is representing big on the flop with that raise out of position and you give him initiative on the turn and the river and he still bets hard, time to let those sweet aces go.
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      I am folding QQs.

Do you reraise sets in this spot on flop if you are in villain situation?
    • Podmunkey
      Podmunkey
      Bronze
      He has the best hand you can have on that flop and he knows it, maybe his reraise is to protect it from you catching an out or hitting a straight if you had 9T, which is not uncommon for you to be conbetting in that situation with suited connectors.

I wouldn't say his reraise is unreasonable.

edit: typo
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      up,
      i know that it would harm your hj statistics if you leave this hand unjudged ;)