Session review: where to begin

• fostie
      fostie
      Bronze
      Hello guys

I'm sure there will be people with similar questions, so I decided to make a thread and see what other people do.
      I've recently moved up to 10NL and when I play normally (ie, no tilt and focused play) I am steadily beating it. My re-exams are over now, so I decided I wanted to start reviewing my sessions in order to learn more and plug some leaks.

However, I can't seem to figure out where to start. I'd want to post hands as well, but again, I don't really know how to pick just THOSE hands that are worth posting and getting reviewed.

Just for the record, I play BSS...

Any help is welcome
  • 3 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      My apologies first off for hijacking your post fostie but i would be interested in finding out about how to review your sessions and what to look for as well but for NL10 SSS.

Any hints and information would be greatfully received by the both of us im sure.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Pff, so obvious question imo.

There's really one thing you need to review and it is the hands that you have played. Like if you played a hand during you session and then you thought if you played it correctly you can look it up later from hand history. If you don't remember any interesting hands during your game then you can always look which hands earned you most BB or lost you most BB (assuming you are using some kind of tracker or elephant).

In elephant you just click the hands tab, choose the hands that you played that day and click the $$ amount (usually the more difficult hands earned or lost more money). Now you look your hands and see if you played it correctly (use equilator if needed and work with the articles). If you have reviewed those hands (of course you can review more hands, not just the most winning or losing hands) and some hands still puzzle you, you can post them in the forum.

Also you should watch if your statistics is alright (VPIP, PFR, WTSD and so on). You can compare your todays session stats to previous days, weeks or months stats, main thing is that you have a big database to support those previous stats (you don't want to compare your session stats with 30 hands which you played someday). When you lose much in a session then you can see if you were to loose or went all-in too often (of course this you can't say when your session was smaller than at least 1k hands).
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Thankyou for your prompt reply timukasr.

Very much appreciated and very interesting too, as well as being a good starting point.

Off to do some evaluating now........ :D