This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 AQo river spot - bluffcatching #2

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $26.05 (104.2 bb)
      BTN: $16.31 (65.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): $52.82 (211.3 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)
      MP: $31.60 (126.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3, BB calls $2.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($7.50) 7 3 A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($7.50) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.25, BB calls $5.25

River: ($18) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $8.75, Hero calls $8.75

------

BB was 24/18/4 over 633
      FtCB: F - 27, T - 50
      Bet vs missed CB: F - 25(8)
      AG% - 30 (33/25/33)
      WTSD - 23, W$SD - 52

FLOP
      Plan was to x/c as I would do the same with KK-JJ - no value in betting and I don't want to play for stacks.

TURN
      I guess I should have checked again as I can't see worse hands that are calling me. From lower PPs I'm not gonna get more than 1 street of value so I could bet OTR.

RIVER
      Villain made a quick bet - which usually = strong. In addition to that, his bet is really small. However, all draws missed.

I am not sure if it's a profitable spot to bluffcatch.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi David,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Since he doesn't seem aggro (and hasn't really bet vs missed cbet much yet) why not just bet... you don't need to balance anything yet.

It's just a waste of value in this spot.

As played check turn again and on the river I would call as he can try a cheap bluff given our weak line.
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the evaluation.

I was thinking about this hand and when betting OTF our goal is mostly to get folds as there are very few weaker hands that are calling (maybe AJs - 3 combos), right? In this case, what is our plan on this turn (K)? Do we bet or do we check/call one street and fold OTR?

Thanks!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dawidas888
      Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the evaluation.

I was thinking about this hand and when betting OTF our goal is mostly to get folds as there are very few weaker hands that are calling (maybe AJs - 3 combos), right? In this case, what is our plan on this turn (K)? Do we bet or do we check/call one street and fold OTR?

Thanks!
      Not really no. If he villain has TT-KK do you think he folds the flop?

That's a big chunck of what he cold calls along with maybe some AK/AQ type hands.