DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $25.00
      CO: $25.57
      BTN: $23.00
      SB: $57.11
      Hero (BB): $47.57
      UTG: $26.03

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A:club: K:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3, CO raises to $25.57 all in, 1 fold, Hero ?

CO is a not so great reg playing 21/14 large sample
      fto3bet 37%
      4bet range 4%

BTN is a 98 vpip GIANT CS, whom I obviously sqz rather loose, and have done so previously

Can we call here? I wouldn't really expect him to play like this with monsters, or at least I'd consider this horrible play with AA/KK.
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Clickbox,

Preflop: How much have you pushed CO around? Did you 3-bet him to the point of him potentially tilting?

We need at least 45% equity to make this call and unless he is spewing we have a pretty big -EV call. So I'd lean towards a fold.
    • Clickbox
      Clickbox
      Bronze
      Well I sqzd some and made plenty of 3bets vs the fish, because of him there wasn't much action on the table between regs, everyone was focusing on the fish. Don't really recall any agro history between him and me though. Definitely wasn't pushing him around.

Would you assume he plays like this with AA/KK with such a fish in the pot? Is this even remotely OK play here from him with those hands?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      We need at least 45% equity to make this call and unless he is spewing we have a pretty big -EV call. So I'd lean towards a fold.
      what about villain's 4bet% and fto3bet% tho? surely it makes this pretty hard to get away from now? because vs JJ+ and AQ+ we have 50%.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I don't really think that stats tell us much at all here so I wouldn't look at them.

Recent history and table dynamics are more important.

If the fish has been really cally/whaly (like you labeled him initially) villain may level himself into thinking that he will get calls if he shoves the nuts. So I can definitely see some AA/KK type hands.

The reason I even asked about the tilty part is that I don't really see many 25nl guys shove AQo there unless they are steaming.
    • Clickbox
      Clickbox
      Bronze
      I agree that his stats don't mean that much in this case, but it does say so much that he doesn't like folding to 3bets.

The fish never folds to 3bets, and calls down with weak SD hands postflop, but I haven't seen him do things that would indicate that he could call shoves like this with nothing, and his range is like 100% after calling the minraise, so I still don't understand why he would shut him out with 60bbs on the off chance he might call with a ~10% range (this guy is practically free money postflop, so not sure there's even a reason to avoid postflop play here). And I'm sqzing him superwide for value, most of which I'm going to fold to a shove.

With that said I agree with you now, that he could play like this with AA/KK, especially since he minraised...which also suggests that he might be trying to induce (makes no sense either, because the fish never 3bets and I'll never be bluff sqzing here) - to be fair though, I've seen the results so it's getting rather hard for me to stay objective.

When you said you were leaning towards a fold, does that mean you would be folding here more often than calling, or just that folding would be an option?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Clickbox
      I agree that his stats don't mean that much in this case, but it does say so much that he doesn't like folding to 3bets.

The fish never folds to 3bets, and calls down with weak SD hands postflop, but I haven't seen him do things that would indicate that he could call shoves like this with nothing, and his range is like 100% after calling the minraise, so I still don't understand why he would shut him out with 60bbs on the off chance he might call with a ~10% range (this guy is practically free money postflop, so not sure there's even a reason to avoid postflop play here). And I'm sqzing him superwide for value, most of which I'm going to fold to a shove.

With that said I agree with you now, that he could play like this with AA/KK, especially since he minraised...which also suggests that he might be trying to induce (makes no sense either, because the fish never 3bets and I'll never be bluff sqzing here) - to be fair though, I've seen the results so it's getting rather hard for me to stay objective.

When you said you were leaning towards a fold, does that mean you would be folding here more often than calling, or just that folding would be an option?
      Without prior history of him spazzing out like this and no reason to believe he is tilting (yet) I would fold most of the time.

Even if he does it as wide as Lewis said we are barely breakeven (or slightly positive) so you can imagine the worse case scenarios.
    • Clickbox
      Clickbox
      Bronze
      True. Thank you for the explanation! :)