Cbetting vs all-in on flop with trash hands SSS

• rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      When I'm up against one opponent on the flop and haven't hit anything to complement my big cards or there are overcards to my big pairs most of the time I'm faced with a decision wether to cbet 2/3 of the pot which is, say 52% of my stack or push all-in as the cbet is already bigger than 1/2 of my remaining stack (as according to basic SSS). I find that I'm nearly always behind on the flop to an overpair or am eventually sucked out on and loose my whole stack. Maybe it would be more profitable only to cbet 2/3 even if it only slightly exceeds 1/2 of my stack (say 50-55%). Your thoughts? (I attach a sample hand)

iPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (10 handed) - iPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($6.01)
      Hero (SB) ($1.90)
      BB ($11.54)
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($8.75)
      UTG+2 ($4.31)
      MP1 ($12.68)
      MP2 ($10)
      MP3 ($1.95)
      CO ($11.78)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      6 folds, CO calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.50, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.10) 2:heart: , 9:heart: , K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40 (All-In), CO calls $1.40

Turn: ($3.90) A:diamond: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($3.90) 10:spade: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $3.90 | Rake: $0.19

Results in white below:
      Hero didn't show J:diamond: , J:heart: (one pair, Jacks).
      CO had A:club: , 6:heart: (one pair, Aces).
      Outcome: CO won $3.71
  • 3 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      It is correct to push all in (if cbet would exceed 1/2 of your stack) also with a trash against one opponnet, since with such bet you create better fold equity and put your opponent to a test with worse hands. Moreover, if you bet only 2/3 (and if such bet is more than half of your stack) and you are called, you will be pot commited on the turn.

Further, if you push all-in only when you hit something and in other cases, you cbet 2/3 (if such 2/3rds are more than half of your remaining stack), you will be readable.

In your example, you did not have trash since you had a flush draw.
    • rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      Thank you for your informative reply, it all makes sense now.
      Shame, I didn't even notice that I have quite a few extra outs because of the flush draw...
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I play it the same as you. You are heads up with JJ and with a J-high FD. Very few hands beat you in this position IMO