Planning a new video series

• Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

As i've hinted a few times before, i'm going to start work on a new video series, once i finish with my Skodljivec's school of PLO, which will have only 1 more video released in early August.

I believe i have achieved my goal of explaining the basic concepts to beginners, and it's time to expand on what you've guys learned.

The topics of the new series will be enirely up to you guys.

The idea is, to focus on the spots you guys are having the most troubles when playing. So basically i'm asking you to give me information on the spots were you think your game has the biggest leaks, and i will make a video about it.

For example, a common question my students ask me often is how to play AAxx in 3b pots, which is i think a very good topic for the first video. The video will include a short theoretical survey of the subject, followed by my personally selected Hand History examples, where i'll explain my thought process and the parameters included in my decision. That will also be the basic format of all the videos in this series.

So what i'm asking you guys is to give me some information and feedback on the situations you would like more advice. I've been asked about a lot of things during my coaching, but it's tough to explain stuff in a lot of detail while playing live or doing general HH reviews.

So, please give me the topics you would like for the new series, and i'll gladly make a video about that, allowing you to improve in that area of your game.

Also, feel free to ask question or leave any feedback on this idea for the series - you think it's a good idea, a bad idea, have an improvment in mind etc...

Suggestions so far:

:diamond: :diamond: :diamond: how to defend blinds vs agressive fish or good regs who are sitting on BTN/CO?

:diamond: c-betting or not c-betting in 3bet pots with different board structure and oponents

:diamond: :diamond: :diamond: how to read villains ranges

:diamond: :diamond: what are the basic omaha leaks and how to expoit them?

:diamond: :diamond: session reviews - how to do that right? at which statistics we should have a look?

:diamond: c-betting or not c-betting in 3bet pots with different board structure and oponents

:diamond: good boards to attack as a bluff and barrel flop turn river

:diamond: playing vs agro-fish

:diamond: zoom micro plo

Thanks for the input guys!

Regards,

Skodljivec
  • 34 replies
    • swatow
      swatow
      Bronze
      ur vids help me much.
      looking forward to ur new vid.
      i have a question here:
      100bb deep, we raised pot with bad AAxx and got a call and a loose squeeze, can we 4bet here?
      which AAxx may be more comfortable? Is AAT7ss good enough to 4bet here?
    • Anarkii14
      Anarkii14
      Bronze
      some topic ideas:

:diamond: how to defend blinds vs agressive fish or good regs who are sitting on BTN/CO?

:diamond: how to read villains ranges

:diamond: what are the basic omaha leaks and how to expoit them?

:diamond: session reviews - how to do that right? at which statistics we should have a look?
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swatow
      i have a question here:
      100bb deep, we raised pot with bad AAxx and got a call and a loose squeeze, can we 4bet here?
      which AAxx may be more comfortable? Is AAT7ss good enough to 4bet here?
      First of all, thanks for the feedback on the vids swatow. Very much appreciated.

To answer the second question: Of course! Even the worst AAxx are to be 4bet if you can get the SPR around 1 otf... If you can get it even lower, even better. The reason is that those hands have an equity edge against any other, unless your opponent has better AAxx. However, that happens only around 1% of the time you have AAxx (IIRC :) ), so it's not something to worry about. In the long run, your opponents can't outflop you often enough for you to not be able to shove every flop and make profit.

Also, i notice that at this stakes a lot of players call 4bets with hands they shouldn't, which makes 4betting any AAxx even better.

@Anarkii14

All very good points. For the second video i'll choose the topic that the most users will ask for, so i love that there are already 5 different options here. I do have to tell you that "how to read villains ranges" would be very hard to put into words tough :D

Regards,

Skodljivec
    • swatow
      swatow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anarkii14
      some topic ideas:

:diamond: how to defend blinds vs agressive fish or good regs who are sitting on BTN/CO?

:diamond: what are the basic omaha leaks and how to expoit them?

:diamond: session reviews - how to do that right? at which statistics we should have a look?
      +1
    • swatow
      swatow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skodljivec
      To answer the second question: Of course! Even the worst AAxx are to be 4bet if you can get the SPR around 1 otf... If you can get it even lower, even better. The reason is that those hands have an equity edge against any other, unless your opponent has better AAxx. However, that happens only around 1% of the time you have AAxx (IIRC :) ), so it's not something to worry about. In the long run, your opponents can't outflop you often enough for you to not be able to shove every flop and make profit.

Also, i notice that at this stakes a lot of players call 4bets with hands they shouldn't, which makes 4betting any AAxx even better.

it seems players never fold to 4bet. In this scenario both opponents call 4bet and we are oop. can we shove almost every flop other than 6s7s8h this kind?
      if we should x/f more in 3ways flop?
    • CerialKiller
      CerialKiller
      Bronze
      I have one topic in mind: How to fold? (In right places).
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swatow
      Originally posted by Skodljivec

it seems players never fold to 4bet. In this scenario both opponents call 4bet and we are oop. can we shove almost every flop other than 6s7s8h this kind?
      if we should x/f more in 3ways flop?
      Theoretically, you can shove ANY flop with an SPR of 1, and make a profit in the long run. Even if it's 876mt and you have AA23rb.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Actually you can mathematically shove under SPR 1,5 and still make profit.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      Actually you can mathematically shove under SPR 1,5 and still make profit.
      true, but then you get into those SPR 1,5 spots where the flop comes QJTmt, you bet and get raised AI, and you just know you are dead.... Mathematically you should call the shove, but you know you never have enough % to justify it.

So i would still jam most flops with an SPR up to 1,2 or sth, but at 1,5 if it's clear you are beat, i think you can make correct folds. Jamming is still unexploitable, but folding sometimes can be + EV.

Regards,

Skodljivec
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black

:diamond: good boards to attack as a bluff and barrel flop turn river
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Good stuff!

I've edited the first post, so we can keep track of the suggestions.

Regards,

Skodljivec
    • apache777
      apache777
      Bronze
      I watched your School of PLO videos, and was on all your coachings last 2 month. As I understand from last coaching, you will now do it every week? Cool! :)

About topics for next videos. I'm very interested in this:

what are the basic omaha leaks and how to expoit them?

session reviews - how to do that right? at which statistics we should have a look?
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by apache777
      I watched your School of PLO videos, and was on all your coachings last 2 month. As I understand from last coaching, you will now do it every week? Cool! :)

About topics for next videos. I'm very interested in this:

what are the basic omaha leaks and how to expoit them?

session reviews - how to do that right? at which statistics we should have a look?
      ¸

Hey man,

i hope you liked my School :) Yep, i will be having coachings every week now. This Thursday i'll be playing plo25, while the next plo10 and so on for the time being.

Thanks for the input on the topics. I'll update the main post shortly.

Regards,

Skodljivec
    • david1345
      david1345
      Bronze
      Please make a video of play against agro fishes
    • MantafahrerXY
      MantafahrerXY
      Bronze
      I'm looking forwards for the videos.

Maybe you can make a video, to read hand ranges. :P
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Added the new suggestions, keep them coming.

The first video, playing with AAxx in 3b pots is coming out in around a week, so keep an eye out, and ofc, give feedback!

Regards,

Skodljivec
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      A situation which I struggle with is when I choose to flat with AAxx in blinds and then have to play it OOP on different board textures.

C/R flop seems to isolate me against better hands, C/C flop allows Villain to catch-up when he's behind (even one pair hands have decent equity) and C/F on most board textures seems too weak.

Would love to see some hand history reviews on this topic.

Maybe I need to 3-bet more of my medium strength AAxx more OOP, but this seems to land me in difficult spots playing OOP with a relatively face-up hand (although I have a wider 3-bet range than just AAxx, people seem to assume AAxx) with an SPR of around 10.

I would also like to see some discussion of 3-betting range OOP and playing OOP in 3-bet pots.

Thanks!
      Jon
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi Jon,

i will keep that in mind. The next video will be about blind defense, so i'll try to touch a bit this subject you've mentioned here as well :)

Regards,

Skodljivec
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze