This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 KQs river spot - bluffing with a missed draw

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $27.32 (109.3 bb)
      UTG: $26.48 (105.9 bb)
      MP: $46.02 (184.1 bb)
      CO: $28.01 (112 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $26.70 (106.8 bb)
      SB: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K Q
      UTG raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 3 8 2 (2 players)
      UTG bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.85) T (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($8.85) 7 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $8.50, UTG calls $8.50

-----

UTG was 22/18/4 over 281
      CB: F - 75(16), T - 75(8)
      AG% - 42 (47/50/14)

FLOP
      Floating with OCs + BDFD as villain cbets a lot (however, I don't beat much of his air and I'm behind his value hands - should I just fold as I have better hands to call with).

TURN
      I improved to a flush draw and wondered if I could raise here as a bluff? For some reason now it doesn't seem strong enough to call :f_confused:

RIVER
      I went for a bluff OTR unsure of what I'm repping (maybe sets?). I think I have some 2pairs/sets in my value betting range, maybe JJ as well. However, given how low villain's river AG% is it's likely that he has a strong check-calling range and I shouldn't really bluff in this spot.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I think the Flop float is fine. The Turn is close between a raise and a call. I think with King and Ace high draws, it's probably better to call. Besides, you can often slowplay your sets on this turn as well, since you are not really afraid of any river.

And your opponent will often fire River on high cards or backdoor spades, and all those cards help your hand.

With a hand like 6:s7 it could be better to raise, cos these hands don't have so much showdown value.

Thanks.
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hi Galvin,

Thanks for the evaluation!

Imo it's better to raise OTT to put pressure on opponent's range so I would use up all of the sets (or maybe I could leave TT for the river). Would you mind taking a look at my ranges in this hand - Thinking about ranges - mental exercises (link's directly to the hand #5)? I don't really have many 'bad' hands to raise the turn with and you suggessted 7:s6, so maybe I should call a wider range OTF?

Thanks again!