[NL20-NL50] t9s nl 20

• jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Known players:
      keine.

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T:club: , 9:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.20.
      Hero calls $0.20, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, MP3 raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($2.70) 4:club: , T:heart: , T:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $2.70, CO folds, Hero calls $2.70, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($8.10) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($8.10) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.20, MP3 raises to $10.40, Hero calls $5.20.

Final Pot: $28.90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, tens (Tc 9c)
      MP3 shows a full-house, aces full of tens (As Ac)

MP3 wins with a full-house, aces full of tens (As Ac)
  • 2 replies
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Firstly, limp calling 109s or any kind of suited connectors is not good :)
      suited connectors are nice hand when you play them in position, after say 2 limpers, or after a raise and one caller. Or if you are first in you may raise them in MP3+ and hope that you get the blinds or play against SB/BB in position if they call.

suited connectors out of position suck and you will get to know that eventually(I hope not the hard way).

as for the hand, check/raising IMO gives you better idea about villain's possible hands. I prefer not to slowplay trips, because they are hands that often lose big pots and mostly win small ones. Pot control on turn is ok, and no matter how you played it, probably the outcome would have been always the same - he just sucked out on you :)

but don't limp 10-9 from early position or MP1, MP2 - this is a mistake.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Fold prer-flop. You´ll often don´t see cheap flops and you can´t play that hand profitable oop when someone raises pf.
      c/c flop is fine, but I´d lead out turn and would play for stacks.
      B/c river is fine.