This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom Q5s

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($29.33)
      BB ($37.53)
      UTG ($12.85)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      CO ($19.88)
      Hero ($62.69)

Dealt to Hero 5:club: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.50) Q:spade: K:club: 2:club:

SB checks, BB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, SB calls $0.75

TURN ($3.75) Q:spade: K:club: 2:club: 9:club:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.70, SB folds, BB raises to $5.50, Hero calls $2.80

RIVER ($14.75) Q:spade: K:club: 2:club: 9:club: 7:heart:

BB bets $7.50, Hero raises to $55.94 (AI), BB calls $23.28 (AI)

Hero shows 5:club: Q:club:
      (Pre 36%, Flop 60.4%, Turn 0.0%)

BB shows 6:club: A:club:
      (Pre 64%, Flop 39.6%, Turn 100.0%)

BB wins $74.31

33/0 12h

Turn - called to keep his bluffs and to not face dificitul decition if I raise and he 3bets. I can get much money on river having position.

River - only one flush beats me but there are many weaker flushes, so I shove.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi SPeedFANat1c,

I'm not sure I agree with your logic here.

You are willing to stack off on the river but not on the turn where he can actually call with a lot more worse than may give up on the river?

Think of all the AcX draws, even 2p and sets that could run away on the river.

So if you are so keen to get it in then do so on the turn.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      You are willing to stack off on the river but not on the turn where he can actually call with a lot more worse than may give up on the river? Think of all the AcX draws, even 2p and sets that could run away on the river. So if you are so keen to get it in then do so on the turn.

On the turn I was planing to call the river sometimes - if he bets big lets say. Actually did not know what exacly I will do on river - just call or get in. About getting in I decided only when river was opened.

And on turn I was thinking - my 3bet will look so strong that he might fold something.

WHile on river - he will see - "oh pot is already so big, I have invested so much, I cannot fold my weaker hand having these odds".

Or this thinking is not making any sense?

And ok, turn 3bet is good but in game I did not know, and now I am on this river. So I had to just call because I did not 3bet turn? I think that is not necesarry. I decided there is value still so shoved.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You need to think on the turn about the river. You can't just blindly call and then hope to guess the river play.

He min ck/raised you on the turn WHEN the flush completes. So his range almost never has a hand other than a flush or a flush draw (with AcX).

So yes, on the river we are just bluffcatching imo given that Ax flushes are more likely than the other flushes (and we are deeper).