Nl2-->Nl5

• srna10
      srna10
      Bronze
      hello everybody,

soon i'll be able move up to NL5, got almost 20 BI required for NL5 following a little conservative BRM, so i wonder is there any difference in game between this two limits. i'm solid NL2 player (this year stats: 65k hands, VPIP 18, PFR 14, 3B 4, AGG 2, WR 7bb/100) and i know i've got space to improve my game @ NL2 but feeling mentaly good and ready to take shot @ NL5. i'm asking for your advice and some answer or anything that can help me be competitive reg @ NL5, what kind game can i expect?

thanks in advance,

mario
  • 6 replies
    • DjolusVicenus
      DjolusVicenus
      Silver
      Crushing ZOOM nl 0.01/0.02 Volume 1 ( In depth- Long post )

Enjoy
    • suzukispeed
      suzukispeed
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srna10
      hello everybody,

soon i'll be able move up to NL5, got almost 20 BI required for NL5 following a little conservative BRM, so i wonder is there any difference in game between this two limits. i'm solid NL2 player (this year stats: 65k hands, VPIP 18, PFR 14, 3B 4, AGG 2, WR 7bb/100) and i know i've got space to improve my game @ NL2 but feeling mentaly good and ready to take shot @ NL5. i'm asking for your advice and some answer or anything that can help me be competitive reg @ NL5, what kind game can i expect?

thanks in advance,

mario
      Hi,
      The difference is that when u play vs regs u should have biger 3b% and light 3bet them ,but this means 2% more 3bet maybe 6% will be good.
      And maybe some fishes will call more 3bets and u should 3bet them for value wider .
      But haven't big differences just chase fishes in the begining :)
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      hello everybody,

thanks in advance,

mario
      Is this 6-max? If so... your stats is decent in 5NL against loose tables with lots of poor players who overvalues one-pair type hands. I recommend that you table select a lot in the beginning. While fishing, you need to observe how good regs play at this limit. One big difference that you will notice is looser 3bets from good regs if they are in position.

In general, if you want to improve your game and beat 5NL and beyond, avoid mass-multitabling, stay on 4-6 (I recommend 4) tables, read and watch videos on postflop plays.
    • srna10
      srna10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DjolusVicenus
      Crushing ZOOM nl 0.01/0.02 Volume 1 ( In depth- Long post )

Enjoy
      thanks mate, read it and got it, overall be more aggresive.

thanks once again and gl @ tables
    • srna10
      srna10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suzukispeed
      Hi,
      The difference is that when u play vs regs u should have biger 3b% and light 3bet them ,but this means 2% more 3bet maybe 6% will be good.
      And maybe some fishes will call more 3bets and u should 3bet them for value wider .
      But haven't big differences just chase fishes in the begining :)
      thanks mate for your answer, this is very helpful and thought it would be something lik that. so increse 3B and improve postflop play especially in 3B pots.

• srna10
      srna10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by spreeboy
      hello everybody,

thanks in advance,

mario
      Is this 6-max? If so... your stats is decent in 5NL against loose tables with lots of poor players who overvalues one-pair type hands. I recommend that you table select a lot in the beginning. While fishing, you need to observe how good regs play at this limit. One big difference that you will notice is looser 3bets from good regs if they are in position.

In general, if you want to improve your game and beat 5NL and beyond, avoid mass-multitabling, stay on 4-6 (I recommend 4) tables, read and watch videos on postflop plays.
      thanks mate,

i forgot to mention it's regular FR. i'm table selecting @ NL2 usually playing 4 max 6 tables. with a quick look NL5 tables according to avg pot, plrs/flop even H/hr there are less playable table, more regs are present so hope i'm going to adopt. i will pay attention about 3B and postflop play, read, watch, learn to be competitive.