• Dytto

Hello my name is Kiril, and i am from London UK, discovered poker 3-4 months ago when my coworkers invited me to a home game 5 buy-in 5/10( I had a bit online experience) , so i ended up beating them(beginners luck, what can i say), since then I am trying to learn and apply all the knowledge i can get.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

- Try an earn the same money as i get working in the kitchen, and keep progressing higher, travel around Europe and visit different poker tournaments. And the biggest motivation is becoming free

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

- Going on tilt after bad beat, usually when this happens i go all in in the next 4-5 hands.
      - Get too much committed to the pot, and end up going all in with bad cards
      - Not patient enough when playing SnG, when I have more than 12 blinds sometimes I get border and I'm starting to play speculative hands.
      - Instead of paying attention to the table I watch on the second monitor how Phil Ivey makes a huge bluff on poker after dark...
      - I know how to calculate pot odds and outs, but i don't use this method at all.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

- It means playing 15-20% of all your hands
      - Waiting for big pairs and strong suited connectors
      - Raise high and try to take the pot early
      - Play your hands in position(button, co)
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi Dytto!
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

It's good to see you're already in the Beginner's course -- it's a great way to get started.

Did you notice the free poker money?

If you pass the quiz and sign up for one of the poker rooms you'll be getting strategy points as you play.

Best of Luck!
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Kiril,

Welcome to the beginners course.

The first homework is complete !!!

RE Q2 & tilt: I would recommend doing one of two things:

1) set a stop loss and leave the tables when you reach it

2) leave the tables as soon as a bad beat happens until you can control your emotions better. If you don't leave the table you will start spewing fast and just increase your tilt.

Best of luck,