HUDs

• Podmunkey
      Podmunkey
      Bronze
      I apologise if i missed a topic or article regarding this.

I know a lot of you use HUDs and I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I play NL2 on PS, usually 2-3 tables at a time, just to tighten my game.

Can you suggest a HUD for me to use or give me an overview of what different HUDs do and whether they are 'legal' to use.

Something simple would be good, that allows me to track my own progress and maybe separate the fishes from the regs quickly.

Also general beginner HUD topic.
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      All HUDs are legal to use i guess. But you have to use your own hand history(So HUDs from PTR and PokerEdge and similar are not legal). On PokerEdge and PTR PokerStars players are not seen so you cannot use illegal HUD. Just stick to your HH and everything will be ok. You can also check which software is allowed at PokerStas web page.

In HM2 you have some default HUDs and you can use them. Those have some basic information and popups and there are also some more advanced HUD which comes with HM2. About PT4 i dont know because i don't use it but i am sure it has also some default HUDs you can use.
    • Podmunkey
      Podmunkey
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid you will have to expand on the abbreviations.

Are HM2 and PT4, HUDs?
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Podmunkey
      Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid you will have to expand on the abbreviations.

Are HM2 and PT4, HUDs?
      Holdemmanager (HM2) and Pokertracker (PT4) are tracking of all your hand histories, so you can also use these programs to keep track of your results, re-view hands and graphs.

Back to the HUD. These programs have HUD's and as mentioned both programs have some default HUD setups that you can use, in the beginning you should just stick with the most simple stats like VPIP and PFR until you learn to understand how to use the stats.

Personally I prefer Pokertracker (PT4) I think they have the best HUD's, but both Holdemmanager (HM2)and Pokertracker (PT4) have free trails, so you can try them both and see which one you prefer.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Podmunkey!

Thanks guys for helping out! :f_love:

Podmunkey I suggest you read this article as well. It's an article about stats. At first it's all very confusing (well it was for me anyway) but you get used to it very fast.

If you have any other questions about Heads Up Displays (HUDs) or stats don't hesitate to ask those questions!

Regards

RasTweet