This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KQs - Struggling with Bet-Sizing w/ Medium-Strength Hands

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2273165
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $106.70
      SB: $47.41
      BB: $67.20
      UTG: $22.98
      MP: $110.69
      Hero (CO): $83.24

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with K :spade: Q :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, BTN calls $1.25, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.25) 6 :club: K :diamond: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero calls $3

I don't mind check/calling here since most big-stacked opponent's will bet any two-cards here. The problem is, how do I proceed?

Turn: ($9.25) 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

River: ($14.25) T :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, BTN folds

Another question, if we had c-bet flop, how big would you c-bet turn?

And then how big are you c-bet the river?

Thanks!
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Raknyo,

The answer to bet-sizing questions typically depends more on the strength of your opponents range than the specific type of hand you hold.

I think check/call flop is a decent line.

I also think cbet flop and check/call turn is decent because K64r is a decent board to float and against a lot of guys I would expect this to have a higher expection than 2barelling with KQo here.

If you 2barrel your size depends on turn card, probably should be bigger on cards that put draws out there but smaller on cards where the texture remains dry.

Since your don't have top kicker you'd want to keep bet sizing small in this case to maximise chance of getting called by worse Kx + underpairs and avoid isolating yourself vs better hands. In a situation where there are plenty of busted draws on river you might look to check/calling as an alternative to betting.