This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQ strong x/r on Q86ss

• dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      Microgaming - €0.20 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 98.1 BB
      BTN: 43.7 BB
      SB: 109.85 BB
      BB: 133.05 BB
      Hero (UTG): 112.95 BB
      MP: 92.15 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: Q:club:

Hero raises to 3.5 BB, MP calls 3.5 BB, CO calls 3.5 BB, BTN calls 3.5 BB, SB calls 3 BB, fold

Flop: (18.5 BB, 5 players) 6:spade: 8:diamond: Q:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 12.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 34 BB, Hero calls 21.5 BB

Turn: (86.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      SB checks

Hi,

guy is a 50/30 fish, quite active PF.
      he raised cbet 1/9 so far, other than that seems pasive post flop, especially on later streets.

his x/r looks pretty strong here, but still I guess I cant fold with the backdoor nut FD and TPTK.

Turn: when he checks, he might be giving up with some random spazz or he hit a boat. I like checking back, as it's a way ahead/way behind scenario especially with the nut FD blocker reducing his FD combos.

River: what do we do if he
      a) bets 1/2 pot
      b) shoves
      on a blank river after we checked back the turn?

Thoughts? Thanks !
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      i don't exactly like life but i'll call any bet on a blank river after calling his flop c/r, he reps rly narrow and fishes often like to bluff with small sizings.

flop is kinda FML and i actually don't mind folding
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I think flop is a snap muck here.. you bet into 4 people, he cannot check/raise light here because you don't bet light. Keep in mind he was SB with good odds so probably has all a lot of the suited 2pair in his range as well. As played, try to get to a cheap showdown imo, there's no real benefit for betting.. pot is huge, checking doesn't make your range weak but his check is not a weak and capped range either.