CO: 98.1 BB
      BTN: 43.7 BB
      SB: 109.85 BB
      BB: 133.05 BB
      Hero (UTG): 112.95 BB
      MP: 92.15 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: Q:club:

Hero raises to 3.5 BB, MP calls 3.5 BB, CO calls 3.5 BB, BTN calls 3.5 BB, SB calls 3 BB, fold

Flop: (18.5 BB, 5 players) 6:spade: 8:diamond: Q:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 12.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 34 BB, Hero calls 21.5 BB

Turn: (86.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      SB checks

Hi,

guy is a 50/30 fish, quite active PF.
      he raised cbet 1/9 so far, other than that seems pasive post flop, especially on later streets.

his x/r looks pretty strong here, but still I guess I cant fold with the backdoor nut FD and TPTK.

Turn: when he checks, he might be giving up with some random spazz or he hit a boat. I like checking back, as it's a way ahead/way behind scenario especially with the nut FD blocker reducing his FD combos.

River: what do we do if he
      a) bets 1/2 pot
      b) shoves
      on a blank river after we checked back the turn?

Thoughts? Thanks !
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      i don't exactly like life but i'll call any bet on a blank river after calling his flop c/r, he reps rly narrow and fishes often like to bluff with small sizings.

flop is kinda FML and i actually don't mind folding
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I think flop is a snap muck here.. you bet into 4 people, he cannot check/raise light here because you don't bet light. Keep in mind he was SB with good odds so probably has all a lot of the suited 2pair in his range as well. As played, try to get to a cheap showdown imo, there's no real benefit for betting.. pot is huge, checking doesn't make your range weak but his check is not a weak and capped range either.