[NL20-NL50] 34s bluff catch

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Given we have a fish on the BTN and two players that are deep with us in the blinds I would not open this weak/loose hand here especially for 2.5x where you are inviting callers.

As played I'd cbet the flop multiway. You have a weak hand and two people in the pot. Why give them a free card?

Get them to fold their equity and you may get thin value anyway.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi mlatasrb,

Given we have a fish on the BTN and two players that are deep with us in the blinds I would not open this weak/loose hand here especially for 2.5x where you are inviting callers.

As played I'd cbet the flop multiway. You have a weak hand and two people in the pot. Why give them a free card?

Get them to fold their equity and you may get thin value anyway.
      I didnt notice that BB joined the pot, now I noticed when reviewed the hand.
      Also, when you tell me that I should pay attention to the deep stack guy and the fish, I didnt pay attention to that too.

I thought, that vs fish, 34s is ok because I am IP, and I can hit straight, flush, or 2 pairs, tripps, and fish could pay me off, also fish often fold to cbet.
      Do you recommend opening broadways when fish is in the blinds? What would be the desired range? Also, when there is a regg deepstack, should I open tighter? I am mostly opening standard hands, not paying attention to players behind, so I have to fix that.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      The fish is actually IP.

He has $40 (so 80bb) and is on the BTN.

So played 34s OOP is kinda meh against him.

Of course, if he were in the blinds our range can be wider because we can check back more flops/turns/river or simply have more FE due to position.

And yes, if the regs are deeper they should play more hands with you, and the chance they'll play speculative hands increases.