This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KK cold call vs 3b

• 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Given that the 3better is on the very short side I think that our range would look more like a trap versus a seasoned player (what hands would u expect someone to cold call versus a shortie 3-bet?).
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi mla,

Given that the 3better is on the very short side I think that our range would look more like a trap versus a seasoned player (what hands would u expect someone to cold call versus a shortie 3-bet?).

I expected him to call something like 9Ts-AQs, AQo, small PP. Also, with JJ+AK he could 4bet for value, and maybe sometimes with AQ, AJ, TT, 99, 88, if he sees my cold call weak. I also expect people to make mistake, not to play perfectly vs me.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I phrased my question wrong.

If you were in his shoes, and the reg cold call a 3-bet from a super shortie (20 BB not a 40 BB) what do you expect their range to be?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      I phrased my question wrong.

If you were in his shoes, and the reg cold call a 3-bet from a super shortie (20 BB not a 40 BB) what do you expect their range to be?

I would expect TT+, AQ+, but also if someone just cold calls it looks like a trap for BU (As I did) because with TT, JJ, AQ you want to isolate vs fish.