[NL20-NL50] KK cold call vs 3b

• 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Given that the 3better is on the very short side I think that our range would look more like a trap versus a seasoned player (what hands would u expect someone to cold call versus a shortie 3-bet?).
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi mla,

Given that the 3better is on the very short side I think that our range would look more like a trap versus a seasoned player (what hands would u expect someone to cold call versus a shortie 3-bet?).

I expected him to call something like 9Ts-AQs, AQo, small PP. Also, with JJ+AK he could 4bet for value, and maybe sometimes with AQ, AJ, TT, 99, 88, if he sees my cold call weak. I also expect people to make mistake, not to play perfectly vs me.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I phrased my question wrong.

If you were in his shoes, and the reg cold call a 3-bet from a super shortie (20 BB not a 40 BB) what do you expect their range to be?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      I phrased my question wrong.

If you were in his shoes, and the reg cold call a 3-bet from a super shortie (20 BB not a 40 BB) what do you expect their range to be?

I would expect TT+, AQ+, but also if someone just cold calls it looks like a trap for BU (As I did) because with TT, JJ, AQ you want to isolate vs fish.