This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Aa

• mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Bronze
      hi,

i did not want to continue betting on turn since I only beat KK.
      do not calculate With Qx hands.
      read: BB (cold)calls 3bet with QQ-AA.

Boss $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2274285
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $4.50 -
      Hero (SB): $61.17
      [b]BB: $40.84
      UTG: $6.78
      [b]MP: $11.59
      CO: $30.99

MP posts a big blind ($0.25)

Pre Flop: ($0.62) Hero is SB with A :spade: A :diamond:
      1 fold, MP checks, CO raises to $0.80, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.90, BB calls $2.65, MP calls $2.65, CO calls $2.10

Flop: ($11.60) 6 :club: 3 :diamond: 4 :spade: (4 players)
      Hero bets $8.70, BB calls $8.70, MP calls $8.69 all in, CO folds

Turn: ($37.69) Q :club: (3 players - 1 is all in)
      Hero checks, BB bets $10.00, Hero folds

River: ($37.69) 6 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Turn is a snap shove in my opinion.

QQ (3 combos)
      KK (6 combos)
      Sets (0-3 combos?) - I don't see him flatting small PPs too often
      JJ (2-6 combos?) - Not sure how often he herocalls the Turn when you jam here

I think it should be clear that you are ahead of twice as many combos as you are behind. And you are completely crushing MP's range, so check/folding is just burning money.

Thanks.
    • mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Bronze
      "Sets (0-3 combos?) - I don't see him flatting small PPs too often"
      *i think this is the main point of this hand.

"JJ (2-6 combos?) - Not sure how often he herocalls the Turn when you jam here"
      *maybe he would fold JJ.

my problem is that, BB cold calls with QQ and playing 4way OOP.
      so i did not feel comfortable when i started flop cbet 4way.
      when I played this hand, BB's ftcbet was higher, as i remember.

it was QQ. wdoes he play this line? (cold call with QQ)?

ty
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Wait, so what are your thoughts here?

1. You disagree with me about the low PPs? You think he would cold call a 3bet really often with 22/33/66?
      2. JJ may/may not call. There are 6 combos of JJ and I discounted 2/3 of his JJ combos. So I assumed he calls 2 out of the 6 combos. I think that's certainly a reasonable assumption.
      3. There are twice as many KK combos as QQ combos. Maybe KK 4-bets preflop, but still based on all my assumptions previously, you are still ahead of more hands which would call a Rivershove so you have a value bet here.

Even if you were an underdog here, you still beat KK which would often shove when checked to IMO, so I don't see how you can ever check/fold Turn.
    • mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Bronze
      "1. You disagree with me about the low PPs? You think he would cold call a 3bet really often with 22/33/66?"
      *no, i agree with you, but when i played, i calculated with sets and QQ. that was my problem...

"2. JJ may/may not call. There are 6 combos of JJ and I discounted 2/3 of his JJ combos. So I assumed he calls 2 out of the 6 combos. I think that's certainly a reasonable assumption."
      could he bet with JJ on turn, after my flopcbet 4way?

"Even if you were an underdog here, you still beat KK which would often shove when checked to IMO, so I don't see how you can ever check/fold Turn." so i do not either.. :( ...
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      2. I'm not sure if he does or not. Probably less likely. But I think he still shoves KK anyway and in order to justify calling this tiny bet, you just need to bet very few hands. Remember your risk vs reward.

Calling 10 to win a pot of 58 = 10/58 = 17% pot odds. That's insanely good