This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 55 set vs raise on mono

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Any reads on villain? I think it's safe to assume that he's a fish since he doesn't have a full stack. Against a fish, I think it's definitely good to stack off here as they will often overplay weak overpairs with a flush draw, and with top set, you either crush him or you have 33% equity vs his flushes.

You are always going to be in decent shape so I think 3-betting the flop is fine. Bottom set would be more of a call though.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Any reads on villain? I think it's safe to assume that he's a fish since he doesn't have a full stack. Against a fish, I think it's definitely good to stack off here as they will often overplay weak overpairs with a flush draw, and with top set, you either crush him or you have 33% equity vs his flushes.

You are always going to be in decent shape so I think 3-betting the flop is fine. Bottom set would be more of a call though.

Thanks.
      Why call with buttom set? With the intention to fold e.g. river, or to hope he bluffs? I dont think he ever bluffs 3way on this board, given that he looks fishy.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1. hope he bluffs
      2. dodge the 4th suit

it's kind of a pot control line. of course if we knew that the fish is going to be raising any top pair and overplaying them on this board, then bottom set is going to be relatively strong as well. but we don't know that.

but yeah, maybe you're right and that bottom set isn't too much weaker than top set vs a fish with a really wide range. but it would make a lot of difference vs a reg with a more polarized and stronger raising range on the flop.