This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom AQ

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.42)
      BB ($17.37)
      Hero ($51.30)
      UTG+1 ($13.25)
      CO ($24.75)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4, CO calls $2.50

FLOP ($8.35) J:spade: 4:spade: 3:spade:

Hero bets $4.20, CO raises to $8.40, Hero raises to $47.30 (AI), CO calls $12.35 (AI)

TURN ($49.85) J:spade: 4:spade: 3:spade: 8:club:

RIVER ($49.85) J:spade: 4:spade: 3:spade: 8:club: J:club:

Hero shows A:spade: Q:heart:
      (Pre 73%, Flop 44.3%, Turn 25.0%)

CO shows J:diamond: A:club:
      (Pre 27%, Flop 55.7%, Turn 75.0%)

CO wins $47.85

67/67 3h

CO is less likely to bluff preflop but its possbile and with good blockers I 4bet/fold.

On flop I think I made mistake by shoving. Once he raises, he probably never folds, so I should just call and fold later if I dont get odds and dont hit.
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

he offers you such great odds to call. This is a very easy call. As played, just bet/push with your nut flush draw.

Thanks
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      he offers you such great odds to call. This is a very easy call.

You mean preflop?

If so - I dont call because even when I see flop, he cbets, I call, he barrels turn, I fold most of the time with A high.

As played, just bet/push with your nut flush draw.

Why push? What hands are folding after such action?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well you are getting 25% pot odds. You don't need to win every single flop. On the other hand, when you 4-bet here, you just isolate yourself vs stronger hands and if you think about it in terms of BB, you also end up spending more money on the PF 4bet and the Flop Cbet.

I agree that you don't have that much fold equity on the Flop, maybe 10-20% at most. But you are kind of committed here anyway (even if he jams you probably have to call it off here). calling isn't good cos playability OOP is poor, and also because your one card nut flush draw is not too good to play passively (if you hit your draw, it's obvious).
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      On the other hand, when you 4-bet here, you just isolate yourself vs stronger hands and if you think about it in terms of BB, you also end up spending more money on the PF 4bet and the Flop Cbet.

I think if I 4bet and hit low equity, I can skip cbet, because I will know that he will have good hand often. My plan was to take it preflop and it by itself should be plus ev assuming I give up postflop.

But if its more EV to call for those odds and play postflop, then I will try to remember it.