This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] TT from CO vs 3b-shove

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GreenPiece,

No worries,

First question would be what you know about the guy?

Second, you need about 50% equity to breakeven there. We generally don't have that much unless he spews and shoves all kinds of random hands.

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 45.35% 44.47% 0.88% ThTc
      MP3 54.65% 53.77% 0.88% 99+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 53.37% 52.68% 0.69% ThTc
      MP3 46.63% 45.94% 0.69% 66+, ATs+, KQs, AJo+

As you can see even if he goes really wide it's still barely profitable for us.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Sorry for missing important information but the truth is that I didn't have any information on the opponent, it was zoom and I didn't have tracking program at the moment.

I can recall one hand I played at the same limit. I had AA on CO and faced an open shove from UTG with 103bb, I called of course and saw 44.

So I had a reason to believe the range is somewhat wider than we can imagine however I totally agree, it's a break even decision. If we aren't afraid of dispersion we can make this call I think. However fold is not a mistake under any circumstances.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I think folding is the best here.

I've seen fish open shove random hands when they are tilted but we really have no indication that he can be doing that.

And if we are wrong we are not in great shape at all and when we fold we just give up a slight advantage at best with very little money invested.