This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Speed KQs BTN vs CO

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      Hello!

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $34.79 (347.9 bb)
      UTG: $9.10 (91 bb)
      MP: $10.79 (107.9 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $10.16 (101.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K Q
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) 8 3 J (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.66, Hero calls $0.66, BB folds

Turn: ($2.27) T (2 players)
      CO bets $1.13, Hero calls $1.13

River: ($4.53) T (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Preflop: Decided to call KQs because I think it's ahead of his open raise and I don't like to turn it into a bluff (I believe I would have to fold on his 4bet). The blinds seemed to be passive, so I don't expect a squeeze that often.

Flop: I hit just overcards and backdoor draws, but I decided to call CO's cbet. He would probably cbet the majority of his open range there, even against two opponents. Also, that concerns me - is it ok to call this against one opponent? What about in this situation, when there are two opponents in the hand?

Turn: I hit a flushdraw and OESD. I believe it would be the best to raise his cbet and then I would have correct odds to go all in if he 3bets. Anyway, I decided to call.

River: I missed my draws, but he checked. There I believe he isn't that strong. I think he might sometime have AK or AQ. I was thinking about a 2/3 bet to make him fold those hands. Anyway, I checked back because I was scared he would call with AJ or something like that.

CO: 32/25/40/83/100/1,1/67 (VPIP/PFR/CO_RFI/FlopCB/TurnCB/AF/H)
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey A,

I think flop is a bad call when he cbets into 2 people. He is not weak enough to float here imo. If you do think he is though, call turn and bluff river is definitely a must. He wouldn't fold Jx, that's not what you want him to fold. You want him to fold hands like A8s, 99, 77, AK, AQ that he barrels on the turn.