This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH Zoom - KQo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.66 (113.2 bb)
      SB: $5.46 (109.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $8.38 (167.6 bb)
      UTG: $5.46 (109.2 bb)
      MP: $6.16 (123.2 bb)
      CO: $7.21 (144.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K Q
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.12, CO calls $0.12, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, MP folds, CO calls $0.38

Flop: ($1.14) 4 6 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.14) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, CO calls $0.65

River: ($2.44) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO folds

MP is 27/27 over 31 hands, CO is unknown.

Is it better to just flat pre, or is a squeeze fine, and why? Choosing whether or not to 3bet KQ seems to be a bit of an issue for me.

As played, I decided not to cbet this board, because I don't expect to have too much fold equity. Every pair is going to at least call, and he might not even fold some A high type hands.

When I hit top pair I just decided to bet for value, same on the river. When he checks back the turn I'm pretty sure my hand is the best. If he would have raised me on the river I probably would have folded though.
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

pre flop - KQo is not strong enough to call and play oop 3way and against MP range but we can 3bet it. KQo would be the strongest hand we are folding here so we can add it into our 3betbluff range.

flop - i think we can bet here, we can continue betting on later TJQKA cards and we could fold out some random hands which could otherwise bet us out if we checked.

turn and river - plays itself

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish