Post your opinion and win 2 stakes + seats for the 200k. on PokerStars ( BOD)

• TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze

As in the last weeks I give away one staking-deal for the battle of the donkeys this evening. As usual the stake is for the 200k guaranteed on PokerStars.

What you have to do: Post your opinion on our video section. What kind of videos would you like to see? And how would like them to be presented? ( as session review/live video/ hand replayer video/ 1-tabling/ 2-tabling/3-tabling/more tables) What topic should the video be about?

Just post your opinion and I will choose the 2 most insightful answers. The posters will get a stake and a seat in my team.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
  • 20 replies
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Personally I feel that the video section needs more of the following:

:diamond: MTT videos - Just because atm (correct me if im wrong) its just sng's. Maybe you Tribun could record a sunday million or a BOTD which you do well in. I myself really enjoy playing MTT's, I can sometimes get into the money but always seem to be low in chips and never get that far where the serious money starts.

:diamond: SH videos - I don't play cash but I know from reading the forum and being in the IRC channel alot that this feature is wanted by loads of members.

:diamond: More fun videos off youtube - Not exactly neccessary but if there are anymore fun videos on youtube post them up, maybe instructional videos as well, I don't know if theres an issue with copyright there or not.

As to how they are presented I like the ones where 4 games are recorded then the coach comes back to the session and records over them (I think thats a session review) Then when its just trash hands it can be forwarded on.

Another thing I would like the coaches to do more of is show the viewer what notes they take on each player, so in future when I do it I know a bit more whats useful to write.

So for me as I play mainly sng's and MTT's please more of them.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    • overbe
      overbe
      Bronze
      Hi, personally i think that PS is lack of MTT material. As far as i know there are hower some videos and coachings in russian, polish.

MTT is very wide topic, so as for me, any material about MTT strategy would be interesting. It is more important to just begin producing MTT videos.

GL!:)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      :diamond: I would like to see more videos where the coach shows and talks about how they look at their stats post game and show what to look for in order to analyse the games played and how to find leaks to further improve our playing and winning experience.

:diamond: As Alex mentioned a video showing what to look out for when taking notes and what to write down.

:diamond: Also what software to use whilst playing and how to use it to its full potential.

:diamond: Basically i would like to see a bit more on the theory side of poker like note taking, self analysis etc as i feel this would improve everyones game too.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      I would like to see Heads Up videos in video section with 3/4 tabling and explaining his plays :D
      And MTT tour vides would be nice also where coach explains his actions .
    • fostie
      fostie
      Bronze
      not necessarily doing this for the stake as I'm being staked by SoyCD for placing in top20 in last week's silver freeroll, but my input might still be worth something

As mentioned before, MTT video's might be a good idea

Furthermore, some more SH video's would be cool, even as low stakes as 10NL.

Public private coachings are extremely useful as well.

And as my last suggestion, I think more "series" consisting of different video's would be cool. For example, you could create some kind of contest where 1 person gets a coaching. This could be a 20NL player for instance, who masters the basics of SH play, and the goal is to coach this player all the way to 50 or even 100NL. This would obviously take some time, but I'm pretty sure this is sooooo extremely useful for anyone playing the same stakes and hoping to move up as well.
      Mind you, this idea is hardly original, it's been done before (ie on DeucesCracked - watching this series right now and I think it might just be the best couple video's ive ever seen)
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      MTT videos should be good.

I would really love to see SNG but onetabling instead of fourtabling as it gets kind of confusing to hold full attention on four tables.

I would also like to see regular SNG not just Turbo and Speed.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I'm playing SNGs and I've noticed that my winrate if I manage to get to Heads Up is only about 50% which is not enough IMO. There is a huge difference between the 1st place and the 2nd place and if we managed to improve our game in this part of a SNG just a little bit it would pay big time..
      Therefore I think that a video of only the Heads Up parts of SNGs with a lot of comments on what kinds of reads are important and how to adjust for the opponent's play and such would be of a great help to a lot of people here..
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Bronze
      The video section of this site is one of my favorite parts excluding the furoms.

I think that it would be great to have more session reviews of other players on all limits and gametypes as these show the difficult situations that learning players such as myself get into on a regular basis and how more experienced players would play them.

This could also be a form of encouragement that would get alot more beginners to become active members of this site as competitions and such can be put on to get their play reviewed.
    • raydoyle
      raydoyle
      Bronze
      I think you should include more omaha videos with detailed thought processes from the coach and advice on starting hands for new players to Omaha. Also more mtt videos
    • WOLFBASS
      WOLFBASS
      Bronze
      Hi Tribun,

Here are my thoughts on the english community videos available:

:heart: I would like to see more BSS NL videos, maybe concentrating on 1 or 2 tables to discuss lines in more depth. The switch to BSS is in the bronze strategy section so for me it makes sense to have these at this level along with hasenbraten's public private coaching too.

:diamond: It has been mentioned already but some MTT videos are sorely lacking here. I would recommend a speed tourny with about 100 people or so at low stakes so that the tourny lasted around 40-50 minutes, about the length of most videos, and with any luck give a good insight into the different stages or a MTT. Of course with just one table of an MTT it would give some time to make observations about opponents play and how to approach taking notes.

Overall I think the video content is very good, with plenty of variety of subject and types of poker.

Regards,

Richie :D
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Silver
      I would really like more videos of FL gold section (FL SH 2/4, 3/6 and maybe allso 5/10). Live or session reviews, preferably from Cornholio, because i think he is very good at explaining difficult situations. I think there are quite some users that are strugling through these limits at the moment, there are loads of articles and so few videos. It would be great to see some new ones, where the coach would expose more 1 topic at the time (1 topic per video), for instance: explaining wheather criteria for playing standard line is met in a given situatins or not, etc.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      General comments:

:diamond: I would like it if the resolution of the videos was better, often we can barely see $ amounts, screennames,...

:diamond: Maybe make some videos with dual commentary, that could be interesting imo

Videos I would like to see:

:spade: I would like to see more 100nl and 200nl videos on FTP 6-max tables, preferably deepstacked tables, laggy style (23/20-35/28 depending on cards received), live commentary, 2-tabling

:spade: 100nl+ HU videos, 2-tabling

:spade: 6-max session review focusing on 3bet pots OOP & IP, as the PFR and vs the PFR, in the HH replayer
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey guys. Thank you for the helpful replies. I would like to stake all of you for the comments, but well....I have chosen 2 of you:

Wolfbass and Lilprincess, please sign up in this thread: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1480
      Welcome in my team.

Furthermore I decided to give away 2 more stakes because I really liked the comments I got here: TheBu11ld0g and Alexd10 please sign up as well, I'll stake you both.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Thanks for the invite Tribun. How do i sign up to play please?
    • WOLFBASS
      WOLFBASS
      Bronze
      Hey tribun,

I hope to do well for you thanks for the invite. I am struggling to work out how to sign up like bulldog any tips? Maybe u could join leos coaching as its nearly finished to advise as bulldog is there as well

thx Richie
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey you two,

Just sign up in this thread: Battle of the Donkeys September 7th by stating your PokerStars nick.

You can also check out the IRC channel (How to join the PokerStrategy IRC channel) where a lot of BOD players hang around :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Thanks SoyCD,

Thank you for the update. I'll sign up now and thanks again to Tribun, i will try to do the team proud on my debut :D
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      thanks tribun, my nick is TrishDD
      Good luck tonight
      Thanks
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      As SoyCD said, just post in the donkey thread that you take part and post your Stars nick there. Make me proud. :P
      And hurry up...the tournament starts pretty soon.
      An Wolfbass and Lilprincess, please confirm that you take part.

TribunCaesar