UTG+1 ($43.63)
      CO ($6.81)
      Hero ($27.96)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.85) 5:club: 9:diamond: 6:diamond:

UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $2.90, UTG calls $1.90

TURN ($7.65) 5:club: 9:diamond: 6:diamond: A:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $3.60, UTG raises to $10.50, Hero raises to $24.31 (AI), UTG calls $13.81

RIVER ($56.27) 5:club: 9:diamond: 6:diamond: A:heart: K:spade:

Hero shows A:club: K:club:
      (Pre 12%, Flop 5.6%, Turn 0.0%)

UTG shows A:spade: A:diamond:
      (Pre 88%, Flop 94.4%, Turn 100.0%)

UTG wins $54.27

unknown

Flop cbet size small on drawy baord, I have backdoor, I decided I cannot fold. But what to do?

By raising I should make 77 and 88 to fold. Not much else I guess. Of couse worse hands fold, unless they are draws.

Turn - he now looks strong. But after the flop. Looks like AJs, AQs has hit an ace. But probably they would just call becasue of sd value. There is a possibilityt that A9 could play that way. Or A5, A6 of diamonds.

So I guess I overplayed turn.

Btw I did not put him on AA, because I believe he should 3bet flop. Or he should not? My draws can have good equity so he does not want to give 2 cards for free with AA. Unless he puts me on lot of air. On the other hand he can put me on lot of sets and so he wants to contorl the pot.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey SF,

Flop I would raise bigger there but raise is fine for sure given your hand.

Turn bet is fine but vs raise it's a snap fold. There's nothing you beat but a bluff and nobody calls flop to check/raise turn from my experience. If you don't fold, just call. You don't beat his value range.

@Villain's play: he shouldn't 3bet pot with AA because your draws have good equity actually, not the other way. Your range is strong against his AA, he wants to see 2 blanks and wants you to barrel your draws off. He doesn't beat your range when you raise to 3bet for value but he does have enough equity to call.