This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Jj

• Phenomenomzor
      Phenomenomzor
      Bronze
      Hero (BB) (€69.17)
      UTG (€101.91)
      MP (€131.46)
      CO (€17.25)
      Button (€25.40)
      SB (€57.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
      UTG raises €1.50, 3 folds, SB calls €1.25, Hero raises €5.50, UTG calls €4.50, 1 fold

Flop: (€13.50) 7, 7, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets €8.50, UTG raises €17, Hero ?

UTG 29/24 not really positionally aware, though it is small sample but it most likely will be widish over longer period, SB obv weak.
      What does his smallish raise could mean on flop? How should I play this?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop raise here is usually flush draws. Decent players should almost always slowplay their 7X hands against aggro opponents but if he does raise this as a bluff a lot, then I would not be surprised to see him raise 7X for value too.

Given stack depth, I would not be surprised to see more slowplays (KK and QQ) which could also play in this way. But I don't see how you can fold for now.

If you were 100bb deep you can just click it back on the Flop and given that you are 140bb deep I would flat here and see the Turn. If he bets large enough on a blank Turn, I would check/jam and if the Turn is a spade I would fold

Thanks.